-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: Can't find bean validation provider in karaf
PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 10:35 pm 
Regular
Regular

I've implemented some code using javax.validation and Hibernate Validator. The unit tests are working fine. The build produces OSGi bundles and features, and runs in Karaf.

When I run my PaxExam integration test, I get "Unable to create a Configuration, because no Bean Validation provider could be found. Add a provider like Hibernate Validator (RI) to your classpath." As far as I can tell, I AM adding it to my classpath. I have a features.xml file that I've been incrementally adding dependencies to. It finally got past Karaf bundle resolution, but now it's failing with an exception with this message:

"Unable to create a Configuration, because no Bean Validation provider could be found. Add a provider like Hibernate Validator (RI) to your classpath."

I would include the stacktrace, but it doesn't look useful to me. Most of it is in my code, junit, and paxexam.

I'm attempting to use version 5.4.1.Final of HV. Note again that the unit tests doing validation are working fine. It took a while to get the dependencies correct to get that far (like using version "3.0.1-b08" of "javax.el".

I've seen some mentions of a "hibernate-validator-osgi-karaf-features" artifact, but I'm not sure if that's relevant. I'm attempting to use both the hibernate-validator artifact and the hibernate-validator-annotation-processor artifact.

Post subject: Re: Can't find bean validation provider in karaf
PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 8:31 am 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

Hi,

have a look here:
- https://github.com/hibernate/hibernate- ... rationtest

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 11:42 am 
Regular
Regular

Thanks for the reply, but I need more information. I might be able to get the integration test you refer to working, but I have to integrate the required references into my pom and features files.

When I just put the reference to the "hibernate-validator-osgi-karaf-features" artifact into my features.xml file, it failed with:
Code:
Could not find artifact org.hibernate:hibernate-validator-osgi-karaf-features:jar:5.4.1.Final in central (http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/)

But I guess that shouldn't be that surprising, as that artifact is a POM artifact, not a JAR artifact. Is there some way to reference a POM artifact in a features.xml file?

Here is my current features.xml file excerpt:
Code:
        <bundle start-level="100">wrap:mvn:javax.validation/validation-api/1.1.0.Final$Bundle-Name=javax.validation&amp;Bundle-SymbolicName=javax.validation&amp;Bundle-Version=1.1.0.Final</bundle>
        <bundle>mvn:org.hibernate/hibernate-validator/5.4.1.Final</bundle>
        <bundle>wrap:mvn:org.hibernate/hibernate-validator-osgi-karaf-features/5.4.1.Final$Bundle-Name=hibernate-validator-osgi-karaf-features&amp;Bundle-SymbolicName=hibernate-validator-osgi-karaf-features&amp;Bundle-Version=5.4.1.Final</bundle>

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 12:10 pm 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

The "hibernate-validator-osgi-karaf-features" artifact is just an example features file which we use to run integration tests.

So since it's an example we don't publish it to Maven central, and I don't think you should reuse our example as-is but you probably want to look at it and compare it with your own features file:

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/hiber ... atures.xml

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 3:40 pm 
Regular
Regular

I've made progress in correctly referencing features, but I'm effectively back to the original problem. I finally figured out that I need to just reference the "hibernate-validator" feature from the "hibernate-validator-osgi-karaf-features" artifact, but the result is the same. It stills says it can't find HV in the classpath.

I tried changing the "LogLevel" in my PaxExam configuration from WARNING to DEBUG. This gives me a lot more information, but perhaps not very useful. Is there some way I could set debug levels that might help explain why it can't find HV in the classpath?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 5:30 am 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

The problem likely is that the code in the Bean Validation API JAR cannot find the service provider implementation (ValidationProvider) in the HV JAR. So you need to specify a custom provider resolver for that in OSGi:

Code:
public class OsgiServiceDiscoverer implements ValidationProviderResolver {

@Override
    public List<ValidationProvider<?>> getValidationProviders() {
        return Collections.<ValidationProvider<?>>singletonList( new HibernateValidator() );
    }
}

Code:
ValidatorFactory validatorFactory = Validation.byDefaultProvider()
        .providerResolver( new OsgiServiceDiscoverer() )
        .configure()
        .buildValidatorFactory();
Validator validator = validatorFactory.getValidator();

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]