-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 4:05 am 
Contributor
Contributor

Answered by e-mail.

Post subject: Still Looking?
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 4:41 pm 
Beginner
Beginner

Are you still looking for contributions? I have made some changes that allow compiling under framework 3.5 and fixed an issue I had.

http://forum.hibernate.org/viewtopic.php?t=983927

Before I am done here I will need the precision / scale arguments to work as well.

Post subject: Translating NH Reference Documentation to Thai
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 9:26 pm 

Hi,

I would like to help with translating the Reference Doc to Thai. Where should I start?

Thanks,
Sukit

Post subject: Re: Contributions Welcome!
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:49 am 

Hello, Sergey!

I'm starting to use N-Hibernate at the job. We also use StyleCop and one of this rules (SA1409: The constructor should be removed as it is either empty or unnecessary.) detected that the constructor of the NHibernateSessionManager.cs is not necessary. I tried to figure out, but couldn't find how to contribute and fix it. Could you give me a point?

Thank you!
Fabrício

Post subject: Re: Contributions Welcome!
PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 2:43 pm 

i've opened a seperate thread - i've added odp multi criteria support, fixed a few bugs on linq (the source for a newer version wasn't available) and added a small featur - enabling to set via config that proxies should reconnect a session if it is disconnected instead of throwing an exception.

i'd love to add my stuff to the project just tell me how
i'd also love to contribute anything you need (i actually prefer the hard stuff...)
up until now i was working on stuff that will help my team in our project but i have a few ideas on what more can be done:

1. currently, fetch="subselect" cannot be overidden in a specific query, the other way around is true also, if fetch="join\select" we can't use subselect for a specific query. the reason is the design is quite different - there is a special intializer for fetch="subselect" assosiation. i think the way to go is a different design, where subselect will be a fetch mode just like join and select, and a criteria will be able to set the initializer for the collection.

2. when an object is evicted from the session and then re-entered by update, if it has a collection, will update all of the collection instead of updating just the updated once. i can see why this is happining - nhibernate have no way of knowing if someting had changed while the object wasn't persisted. the solution, i think, is using reflection emit, and when fetching any object, creating a class that inherites from that object and adding a state management in that class. the idea is very similar to proxies, and i think it will be very nice feature - if an object is re-persisted, nhibernate still knows exactly what is new and what is updated. nhibernate will also won't have to check the primary key value for knowing if the object is new, it will simply use the state

3. i've noticed that when fetching a value from a sequence, nhibernate is using a seperate select. at least with oracle, i know that we can add select s.next_val from dual within the actual insert command. the problem is that nhibernate won't know the id afterwards. well, thats why i think such a feature could be configureable - in the sequence config, the user can specify that he doesn't care what is the id value and then nhibernate will do as i said. the object won't be persisted afterwards, but may be this should be the user choice to make

4. when a session flushes, i think returning the rows effected is a very reasonable idea! currently, in my project we're using optimistic lock, where we enable multiple user to concurrently work on the same object, and when it is saved, if there is a concurrency fault, the user will be notified. to do this we have to query the DB before using the Id and the timestamp to find out if our data is not stale. if we could update the entity using the id and the timestamp, we could save the DB access (and a query on a reletively big table), and if no rows were effected - we have a concurrency fault.

5. this brings me to another idea - enabling update not only depending on the id of entity, but on another property (for our case it will be the timestamp property).

if some of my ideas make sense, or if you have any other job to give me i'll be happy to do so :) i actually enjoy this.

also get back to me about the multi criteria for odp

my mail is
nadavsof@gmail.com

thanks, nadav

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2