-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: XML Mapping and Annotations?!
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 11:33 am 
Regular
Regular

Is it possible to use the new XML-Mapping-Features together with Annotations?! I don't have class-specific mapping files and I haven't yet found any XML specific annotations - are there plans to have annotations to specifiy node and embed-xml?

cheers
stf

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 9:23 am 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

I must admit it's quite strange to use annotation for a non pojo domain model.
So no, this is not planned.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 11:02 am 
Regular
Regular

Then maybe I did not quite understand the use of the XML Mappings: My requirements is to serialize an object-tree that I persisted with hibernate to XML to ship it to some (non-java-) client-applications. Isn't this one of the intended use-cases for the XML Mappings?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 12:13 pm 

This is exactly the same I would like to do. I also understood the xml mapping feature could to the trick. I'm still hoping someone could post some code snippet doing this things.

Regards,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 2:03 pm 
Beginner
Beginner

There is an example of this in the docs

http://www.hibernate.org/hib_docs/v3/re ... /#d0e10435

See 18.1.1. Specifying XML and class mapping together

This allows you to have both POJO and DOM4J XML mappings for the same entity.

As for merging the metadata for a .hbm.xml file and the anotations - I don't know if the hibernate Configuration supports that now - but it could certainly be written - are you volounteering ?

There is also sample code there about how to start a EntityMode.DOM4J session to extract the data in XML.

You can use a normal POJO session to create the POJO data in the database, and use a DOM4J session to extract it in xml.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 12:03 pm 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

mugwump wrote:
Then maybe I did not quite understand the use of the XML Mappings: My requirements is to serialize an object-tree that I persisted with hibernate to XML to ship it to some (non-java-) client-applications. Isn't this one of the intended use-cases for the XML Mappings?

My bad, I've not had a look at that for now, so it's currently unplanned.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]