-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: Real World Application Legacy Data
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 5:58 am 
Regular
Regular

Hi,
i'm new to use hibernate, i'm using hibernate 3 rc, it's very good product
and i have buy Hibernate in Action. I have try to develop some simple application and all work fine.
Now i wish to use Hibernate for an application j2ee that only will use a database on db2/400 with legacy data, any new table.
I have read that Hibernate 3 has been improved for the integration with legacy schema.
But i don't find some tutorial and/or example on this scenario, few days ago i have posted a question on Hibernate User but I have seen only a lot of visits of my post.
To this point I wanted to ask you a thing, as you know systems legacy they have multiple keys and in many cases all primary key are assigned.
I'm using hibernate using a lot of future , and some problem work very well and the performance it's good.
but my greatest regret is that I don't succeed in using Inheritance.
surely it will be my guilt.
I have read a lot of time Chapter 9. Inheritance Mapping but without success.
In my legacy data i think must use Table per class subclass, but the problem are the keys, ( if you can give a glance to my post on hibernate user you will find the code).
Then my question for you , is it possible to use Inheritance in a legacy scenario? when there are problems of primary keys.
Or not to complicate the life advised to use only Association Mappings? it's good pratice for you?
Considering that the code I have to write it 's new I can avoid Inheritance.
Can you help me please.
Some suggestion it's appreciate.
Devis

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]