-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: could not find commons-loggin.jar Classes
PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 4:14 pm 

I'm going crazy...

I tried everithing that can come to my mind, searched a lot in this forum and still can't resolve my problem. I've got a simple test that I'm trying to run but the compiler cries this:
Code:
Caused by: org.apache.commons.logging.LogConfigurationException: org.apache.commons.logging.LogConfigurationException: java.lang.IllegalAccessError: tried to access method org.apache.commons.logging.LogFactory.getContextClassLoader()Ljava/lang/ClassLoader; from class org.apache.commons.logging.impl.LogFactoryImpl$1
   at org.apache.commons.logging.impl.LogFactoryImpl.newInstance(LogFactoryImpl.java:554)
   at org.apache.commons.logging.impl.LogFactoryImpl.getInstance(LogFactoryImpl.java:289)
   at org.apache.commons.logging.impl.LogFactoryImpl.getInstance(LogFactoryImpl.java:259)
   at org.apache.commons.logging.LogFactory.getLog(LogFactory.java:390)
   at org.hibernate.cfg.Configuration.<clinit>(Configuration.java:110)

I'm using hibernate 3 and of course I've added hibernate3.jar , commons-logging.jar, log4j.jar and dom4j.jar into my BuildPath. All the jar's are from the hibernate 3 release.

Any ideas how I can fix this problem?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 4:34 pm 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

Sounds like a too strict security manager in your environment.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 5:07 am 

Well , the IDE that I'm using is Eclipse 3.1m4. This problem is just making me mad :(....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 5:56 am 

I tried the same run, but with hibernate2 package. Gues what - the same problem. Please, if there's anyone who uses Eclipse 3.1 and hibernate 3/2 just tell me how you are setting your development environment. I just can not go on, because of this stupid problem.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 10:08 am 
CGLIB Developer
CGLIB Developer

It is not a security configuration problem. This problem is related to class loading, probably you duplicated jar files in some way, this error means you are trieng to access package visibility method from outside "runtime package" (class loader).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 11:24 am 

OK, I solved my problem. It seems that my Java JRE installation was some kind of broken. I tried to find in what way , but couldn't. After installing and using a new JRE 1.4 everithing works as I expect.

10x for tring to help me Michael and Baliukas

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]