-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: Keeping set objects in line with their 'where' attributes
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 8:54 pm 
Beginner
Beginner

I have an object which contains a Set. The Set is defined with the attribute where="status='Active'". This works well on initial load, but what is the best way to refresh this collection after changing the status of one of the set objects to something other than Active? Is the cache going to mess with this?

After my saveOrUpdate() on the object containing the collection, I tried a flush() then a refresh(), but that didn't seem to do it. Do I have to evict() the object from the cache? Possibly load() the entire object again? All I want to reload is that collection. Cascade is set to all on the collection and I tried removing the object from the Set in the parent, but that prevented the status from being saved.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Justin

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]