-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: New QueryTranslator Breaks SELECT DISTINCT ... ORDER BY
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 10:55 am 

I'm posting the last trail of my last topic as a new topic that represents the current issue. I hope this isn't against the etiquette here.

The new query translator translates my query differently than the old. This causes a SQL error to be thrown for this query. Here's the query:

<query name="troubletickets.getSolvedCategories">
SELECT DISTINCT t.category
FROM Ticket t
WHERE t.status = 'closed'
ORDER BY t.category.name
</query>

Here's the sql generated by the new QueryTranslator:

select distinct category1_.id as id, category1_.name as name2_, category1_.description as descript3_2_, category1_.disabled as disabled2_, category1_.changed as changed2_, category1_.created as created2_, category1_.changed_usr_id as changed7_2_, category1_.created_usr_id as created8_2_ from troubletickets_faqs faq0_, troubletickets_categories category1_, troubletickets_categories category2_ where (faq0_.trca_id=category1_.id and faq0_.trca_id=category2_.id) order by category2_.name

Here's the sql generated by the ClassicQueryTranslator:

select distinct category1_.id as id, category1_.name as name2_, category1_.description as descript3_2_, category1_.disabled as disabled2_, category1_.changed as changed2_, category1_.created as created2_, category1_.changed_usr_id as changed7_2_, category1_.created_usr_id as created8_2_ from troubletickets_faqs faq0_, troubletickets_categories category1_ where faq0_.trca_id=category1_.id order by category1_.name

The SQL from the ClassicQueryTranslator matches my expectations based on the query. The SQL from the new QueryTranslator causes a SQL error to be thrown saying that fields in the ORDER BY of a SELECT DISTINCT must appear in the select list. Should I file this as a bug in JIRA?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 11:46 am 

I went ahead and put this in JIRA: http://opensource.atlassian.com/project ... se/HHH-172

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]