-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 7:19 am 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

yes - and ?

A best practice for UserTypes (or simply just types in general) is that they dont have any kind of external dependency that is not "reproducable" from the input it is given (mainly the value of the columns).

As someone said, you are working with annotations, not XML mapping files - so if you want the order you want then use xml mappings.
I guess that you could also put a improvement request into the Annotations project and say that it would be nice to have guaranteed ordering - and remember this stuff is goverened by how the ejb3 spec defines it ...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 7:26 am 
Beginner
Beginner

max wrote:
A best practice for UserTypes (or simply just types in general) is that they dont have any kind of external dependency that is not "reproducable" from the input it is given (mainly the value of the columns).

Absolutely correct, but I am stuck with a data model given by Oracle, so I can't change it.

Quote:
I guess that you could also put a improvement request into the Annotations project and say that it would be nice to have guaranteed ordering - and remember this stuff is goverened by how the ejb3 spec defines it ...

I will look at ejb3 specs before putting an improvement request.

Thanks for the response.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 7:34 am 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

Your data model does not control how your pojo model is supposed to be like.

Why do you have a separate String getType() property ?
Why not just have a Style_Def getTypeDef() property that is controlled by your usertype ?

Btw. you do know that your domain object should implement the UserType ? The usertype should be something completly invisibile for your domain object object.

/max

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2