-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Annotations: how to specify mapping-type?
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 5:23 pm 
Senior
Senior

There doesn't seem to be a way to specify that a column is "binary" or some other funky type. Is this somehow not necessary with annotations + Hibernate3 or am I missing it?

Thanks,
Gili

Post subject: Re: Annotations: how to specify mapping-type?
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 5:26 pm 
Senior
Senior

Is @org.hibernate.annotations.Type what I'm looking for? How do I know what type Hibernate infers by default if I omit this argument? Is the only way to find out to persist an object then check the DB to see the type that was generated? Is there an easier way?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 3:03 pm 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

@Type is what you want.
The inference is done by the hibernate core and is DB dependent (through the dialect).

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]