-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: Building Hibernate3 + annotations
PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 2:49 pm 
Senior
Senior

Hi,

Has anyone gotten the latest Hibernate3 + annotations to build properly? I got hibernate3 to build but HibernateExt's build dies after a few seconds with "Could not find ${jdk15.home}. jdk15.home must point to a JDK 1.5 directory".

I tried setting this variable and playing around with build.properties but it did not help. Did anyone know how to fix this?

Also, I'm still trying to understand whether next week's Hibernate3 release will contain annotation support or if the two will remain separate releases. I'm trying to get *any* recent version of Hibernate3 to work with the annotations. Any advice you could offer would be most welcome.

Thank you,
Gili

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 7:18 pm 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

just put a build.properties in common with jdk15.home=<path to jdk>

and it should work.

I will assume metadata will be a separate download.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 11:00 pm 
Senior
Senior

max wrote:
just put a build.properties in common with jdk15.home=<path to jdk>

and it should work.

I will assume metadata will be a separate download.

I don't know if this is some sort of bug in Ant under WinXP but <available file="<path to JDK>" type="dir"> *always* fails even if the path exists. I tried varying filename casing, slashes, paths with or without spaces, etc but it always fails. I take that same path that Ant claims does not exist, copy/paste it and it opens up properly in explorer or in "dir".

Does this sound familiar to anyone?

Gili

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 12:48 am 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

remember its an java properties file so you need to escape stuff like \ and whitespaces

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 1:30 am 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

It does work on my XP box.
Annotations are a separate package from the hibernate core and a new product, it'll need more time to get final.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]