-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: JDK 1.2 compatibility issues.
PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 2:29 pm 

Read the rules before posting!
http://www.hibernate.org/ForumMailingli ... AskForHelp

Hibernate version:

Mapping documents:

Code between sessionFactory.openSession() and session.close():

Full stack trace of any exception that occurs:

Name and version of the database you are using:

The generated SQL (show_sql=true):

Debug level Hibernate log excerpt:

Hi, I'm using Hibernate Version: 3.0 beta 4, I ran the auction example fine with JDK 1.3+ and JDK 1.4+. But when I run it with JDK 1.2 I get NoMethodFound exception, the exception is from the hibernate Configuration class, I found that the exception came from DOM4J, so I use the DOM4J 1.3 and it works. Then I run into another problem, JDK 1.2 doesn't support Collections.EMPTY_MAP, so I replaced it with "new HashMap()", that works! But then I get another problem.... here it is:

Exception in thread main
java.lang.VerifyError: org.hibernate.type.SerializableType
org.hibernate.cfg.Configuration org.hibernate.cfg.Configuration.addInputStream(java.io.
InputStream)
org.hibernate.cfg.Configuration org.hibernate.cfg.Configuration.addResource(java.lang.S
tring)
void org.hibernate.cfg.Configuration.parseMappingElement(org.dom4j.Element, java.lang.S
tring)
void org.hibernate.cfg.Configuration.parseSessionFactory(org.dom4j.Element, java.lang.S
tring)
org.hibernate.cfg.Configuration org.hibernate.cfg.Configuration.doConfigure(org.dom4j.D
ocument)
org.hibernate.cfg.Configuration org.hibernate.cfg.Configuration.doConfigure(java.io.Inp
utStream, java.lang.String)
org.hibernate.cfg.Configuration org.hibernate.cfg.Configuration.configure(java.lang.Str
ing)
org.hibernate.cfg.Configuration org.hibernate.cfg.Configuration.configure()
void org.hibernate.auction.Main.main(java.lang.String[])

I'm using Oracle 9i DBMS. I don't have problem running under JDK 1.3+. Due to restrictions, I need to use JDK 1.2.2. Hibernate 3.0 claim that it runs perfectly with JDK 1.2 perfectly (http://www.hibernate.org/200.html), I think that statement might need to be changed.

Will Hibernate 3.0 be JDK 1.2.2 compatible?

Thanks,
Benjamin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 2:30 pm 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

Try recompiling Hibernate with your JDK, it should work then.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 2:46 pm 

I did that too. I used JDK 1.2.2, set the path to the bin directory and validated that it's pointing to JDK 1.2.2, and also set the JAVA_HOME to JDK 1.2 folder.

I also used JDK 1.4 to compile to target 1.1.

That didn't help. I also had to add other libraries such as JNDI, etc when using JDK 1.2.

Thanks
-- Benjamin

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]