-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: EJB3 Annotations behind EJB2 session beans
PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 11:07 am 

Is it possible to have Hibernate persistent classes written with EJB3 annotations used from within EJB2 session beans?

The persistent classes will require the EJB3 jar file, but the session beans will require the EJB2 jar file.

How do I get around the mismatch of EJB versions? Is it enough to put the EJB3 jar after the EJB2 one? I assume Hibernate only needs the definitions of the annotations from the EJB3 jar.

Also, along similar lines, if my session beans return any instances of the annotated classes to a client, then that client also needs the EJB3 jar in its classpath. Is there any way to get around that?

Post subject: Re: EJB3 Annotations behind EJB2 session beans
PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 6:13 pm 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

colinws wrote:
Is it possible to have Hibernate persistent classes written with EJB3 annotations used from within EJB2 session beans?

Sure, just do it.

colinws wrote:
The persistent classes will require the EJB3 jar file, but the session beans will require the EJB2 jar file.
How do I get around the mismatch of EJB versions? Is it enough to put the EJB3 jar after the EJB2 one? I assume Hibernate only needs the definitions of the annotations from the EJB3 jar.

The 2 will not clash, since EJB3 will be abckward compatible with EJB2

colinws wrote:
Also, along similar lines, if my session beans return any instances of the annotated classes to a client, then that client also needs the EJB3 jar in its classpath. Is there any way to get around that?

You'll be able to use the description descriptor instead, but I don't really consider the ejb3-ann.jar too much a requirement in the client side, it will be small.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]