-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Elastic Search Partial Update with Hibernate Search
PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 4:03 am 

I'm trying to execute partial updates in Elastic Search using Hibernate Search. I have checked the requests to Elastic Search created by Hibernate Search and they update the whole document.

I need this requirement because my documents contain a field with the contents of a file, this field is only filled in the creation of the document and it never changes. Extracting the content of the file is quite expensive because requires some decryption and processing by Apache Tika. On the other hand, the other fields change very often.

Code:
Attachment (class)
    Name (field) 
    Content (field) - it never changes and expensive to extract       
    Folder (field) - it changes very often
    Status (field) - it changes very often

Is it possible to execute Elastic Search partial updates with Hibernate Search or there is any other way of solving this problem? Thanks in advance.

Post subject: Re: Elastic Search Partial Update with Hibernate Search
PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 2:16 pm 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

Hi Miguel,

sorry no the partial updates feature of Elaticsearch is not supported yet. We plan to have this in Hibernate Search 6, but it's going to take a while as this requires some significant changes in how all input data is processed.

sorry :)

Post subject: Re: Elastic Search Partial Update with Hibernate Search
PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 3:43 am 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

Hi Miguel,

Yes, as I commented on Stackoverflow, there is no way to do this right now.

If you wish to watch progress on this topic, here is the ticket: https://hibernate.atlassian.net/browse/HSEARCH-2888

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]