-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: [validator] How to evaluate message template?
PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 1:41 pm 
Regular
Regular

I'm attempting to write a Javadoc Taglet class that summarizes the constraints in a class.

When I'm processing a particular constraint that I found on a property, I can see the message template value, like "{javax.validation.constraints.Size.message}". In my code, how can I evaluate that template to get the actual text of the message?

Post subject: Re: [validator] How to evaluate message template?
PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 2:26 pm 
Regular
Regular

I suppose it might be something like this:
Code:
validatorFactory.getMessageInterpolator().interpolate(constraintDescriptor.getMessageTemplate(), context);

But I don't understand what to provide as the context. If I send null it gets a NPE.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 6:37 am 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

Hi David, I've replied to your SO question (https://stackoverflow.com/questions/450 ... nstraint-d) -- you could try and pass in a simple dummy implementation of the context contract which just returns the constraint descriptor.

Hth,

--Gunnar

PS: Please avoid cross-posting here and on SO; we monitor both places, so posting to one is enough and less confusing :) Thanks!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:19 am 
Regular
Regular

Thanks. That worked perfectly.

Now that I know you're about the only person who will reply on this topic :) , I won't cross-post.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]