-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Unable to write index in local directory Hibernate Search
PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:04 am 

Hello gentlemen,

I'm a fullstack j2ee web developer. Trying to implement hibernate search in our application for faster searching.
We are using JPA with spring stereotype annotations. In my indexer class after creating a fullTextEntityManager and passing it the
entityManager, i fire the createIndexer().startAndWait(). All the tables in the project have been annotated appropriately and i can see all the select queries executing in the console when the above method executes.

But the index is not getting written to the directory and its empty. No errors are getting thrown as well.
We are using hibernate.properties file to store the indexBase and Filesystem values.

I suspect its not able to read the directory path from hibernate.properties.

Tested in a separate test project using pure hibernate session and everything worked flawlessly.

Any workaround and suggestions will be highly appreciated.

Post subject: Re: Unable to write index in local directory Hibernate Search
PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 9:02 am 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

Hi,
the default is to use the filesystem to store the index, so it must be writing the index somewhere else; the default is the current path (the path from were you started the JVM). Are you able to find the index there?

Hibernate Search gets the properties directly from Hibernate ORM, so if it's ignoring the hibernate.properties file I would expect it to ignore all of the Hibernate configuration properties. Is that correct?

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]