-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: Using Shrad in Production Environment
PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:36 am 

Hi All,

Shrad looks amazing but we wanted it to be used in our production application and we want to use Shrads because we have very large data sets.

Till now we were using archiving of data using single database but I guess this may not help us in the long run where incoming data is going to increase many folds in months from now. Hence the reason to select Shards for it.

These are my concerns:
1. Can we use Shards on our production environment since the product is still in Beta
2. I do not see much development in case of releases or forum updates meaning not much are using in real world
3. Have anybody used Shards in their production systems and met with success.
4. How much users really use Shards
5. Shall we wait for a year to see its development and then opt for Shards.

Thanks and Regards,
Vikash Anand.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]