-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: HelloWorld Project in Eclipse: unresolved type
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 1:52 pm 

Hi!

I am just begining to use hibernate and following the HelloWorld example on the 'Java Persistence with Hibernate' book.

I am setting up a project using Eclipse on a windows XP platform, and so I installed the hibernate tools for Eclipse on the Java Build Path.

However, while building the helper class HibernateUtil, I found no evidence of the org.hibernate.cfg package, and so there is no Configuration class neither. If this is an Hibernate class and I have installed the Eclipse Hibernate Tools correctly (it asked for the Web Standard Tools Project SDK, which I installed), then something is missing or the code has changed regarding the Eclipse version.

Any hints on how to run this example on the Eclipse platform are welcome.

I am using org.hibernate.eclipse v3.2 beta11, org.apache.ant v1.7 and the JRE is v1.6

Regards,

TUdelft

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 4:03 pm 
Beginner
Beginner

Post the error that you get, it is very difficult to troubleshoot.

http://www.warfrog.com/hibernatetutorial/

this is another example u can look @ if it helps.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 6:56 am 

The tutorial you refer is using other plugins/applications like midllegen and spring, which I do not intend to use or setup in the Eclipse IDE.

What I need is just the minimum set of libraries to install in the Java Build Path in order to run the HelloWorld example from the Java Persistence with Hibernate book.

Also, I intend to use postgreSQL (and not HSQL) as the database where to write the MESSAGES table. This way, I have added the postgreSQL and the PostGIS jar files to the Build Path. I think I can get a proper configuration if I follow the PostGIS manual section on the JDBC driver.

The editor window errors I am getting for the HibernateUtil class are the following:
(see the <- [...] remarks)

* Startup Hibernate and provide access to the singleton
* SessionFactory
*/
package persistence;

import org.hibernate.*;
import org.hibernate.cfg.*; <- [The import org.hibernate.cfg.* cannot be resolved]

/**
* @author jdafonseca
* Source code for this class is on page 56 of 'Java Persistence
* with Hibernate'
*/
public class HibernateUtil {
private static SessionFactory sessionFactory; <- [SessionFactory can not be resolved to a type]

static {
try {
sessionFactory = new Configuration().configure().buildSessionFactory(); <- [Configuration can not be resolved to a type]

(the remaining part of the code is not shown)

So this apparently shows that the Hibernate Tools for Eclipse pack does not have all that is needed in order to run the example.

Regards,

TUdelft

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]