-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Why I get a "not mapping" error with the Category?
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 2:02 pm 

I use the component approach of the Cavea Temptor (native) in my application which has the same parent-children relationship scenario. I run into a unmapped error which I can't figure out the cause. I do have the class mapped information when I bring up the application. Can someone point me a direction? The following is the related information.

Hibernate version:
3.1.x

Mapping documents:
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<!DOCTYPE hibernate-mapping PUBLIC "-//Hibernate/Hibernate Mapping DTD//EN"
"http://hibernate.sourceforge.net/hibernate-mapping-3.0.dtd">

<!--

Mapping file for the Category class

-->
<hibernate-mapping package="com.abc.xyz.domain.directory" default-access="field" auto-import="false">

<class name="Category" table="ilc_directory_category">

<!-- Common id property -->
<id name="id" type="int" unsaved-value="null" >
<generator class="native">
<param name="sequence">ilc_directory_category_id_seq</param>
</generator>
</id>

<!-- A versioned entity -->
<version name="version" column="OBJ_VERSION"/>

<!-- Name is limited to 255 characters.-->
<property name="name" type="string">
<column name="NAME" not-null="true" length="255"/>
</property>

<!-- Immutable property -->
<property name="created" column="CREATED" type="timestamp" update="false" not-null="true"/>

<!-- The non-inverse side of the one-to-many/many-to-one association -->
<many-to-one name="parentCategory" class="Category" foreign-key="ILC_DIRECTORY_CATEGORY_PARENT_ID_FKEY">
<column name="PARENT_CATEGORY_ID" not-null="false"/>
</many-to-one>

<!-- The inverse side of the one-to-many/many-to-one association, we
use a bag mapping, iteration order of this collection is by
category name. -->
<bag name="childCategories" cascade="save-update, merge" inverse="true" order-by="NAME asc">
<key column="PARENT_CATEGORY_ID"/>
<one-to-many class="Category"/>
</bag>

<set name="categorizedEntryComponents" table="ilc_categorized_entry_component">
<key column="CATEGORY_ID" foreign-key="ILC_CATEGORIZED_ENTRY_COMPONENT_CATEGORY_ID_FKEY"/>
<composite-element class="CategorizedEntryComponent">
<parent name="category"/>

<many-to-one name="entry"
column="ENTRY_ID"
class="Entry"
not-null="true"
update="false"
foreign-key="ILC_CATEGORIZED_ENTRY_COMPONENT_ENTRY_ID_FKEY"/>

<property name="username"
type="string"
column="ADDED_BY_USER"
not-null="true"
update="false"/>

<property name="dateAdded"
column="ADDED_ON"
type="timestamp"
not-null="true"
update="false"/>

</composite-element>
</set>

</class>

<!--
There can never be two categories with the same name at
the same "level", that is, they can't have the same parent
category. This is protected with a unique constraint.
-->
<database-object>
<create>
alter table ilc_directory_category add constraint UNIQUE_SIBLINGS
unique (NAME, PARENT_CATEGORY_ID)
</create>
<drop>
alter table ilc_directory_category drop constraint UNIQUE_SIBLINGS
</drop>
</database-object>

</hibernate-mapping>
Code between sessionFactory.openSession() and session.close():
from Category c left join fetch c.categorizedEntryComponents ec left join ec.entry e left join e.addresses a where c.id = :catId
Full stack trace of any exception that occurs:
Data access failure: Category is not mapped [from Category c left join fetch c.categorizedEntryComponents ec left join ec.entry e left join e.addresses a where c.id = :catId;
nested exception is org.hibernate.hql.ast.QuerySyntaxException: Category is not mapped [from Category c left join fetch c.categorizedEntryComponents ec left join ec.entry e left join e.addresses a where c.id = :catId]

org.springframework.orm.hibernate3.HibernateQueryException: Category is not mapped [from Category c left join fetch c.categorizedEntryComponents ec left join ec.entry e left join e.addresses a where c.id = :catId];
nested exception is org.hibernate.hql.ast.QuerySyntaxException: Category is not mapped [from Category c left join fetch c.categorizedEntryComponents ec left join ec.entry e left join e.addresses a where c.id = :catId] at org.springframework.orm.hibernate3.SessionFactoryUtils.convertHibernateAccessException(SessionFactoryUtils.java:640) at org.springframework.orm.hibernate3.HibernateAccessor.convertHibernateAccessException(HibernateAccessor.java:412) at
org.springframework.orm.hibernate3.HibernateTemplate.execute(HibernateTemplate.java:378) at
org.springframework.orm.hibernate3.HibernateTemplate.findByNamedParam(HibernateTemplate.java:873) at
Name and version of the database you are using:
PostgreSQL 8.1
The generated SQL (show_sql=true):
None
The Spring mapping output information:

INFO org.hibernate.cfg.HbmBinder.bindRootPersistentClassCommonValues:300 - Mapping class: com.abc.xyz.domain.directory.AddressEntity -> ilc_directory_address
INFO org.hibernate.cfg.HbmBinder.bindRootPersistentClassCommonValues:300 - Mapping class: com.abc.xyz.domain.directory.Category -> ilc_directory_category
INFO org.hibernate.cfg.HbmBinder.bindCollection:1422 - Mapping collection: com.abc.xyz.domain.directory.Category.categorizedEntryComponents -> ilc_categorized_entry_component
INFO org.hibernate.cfg.HbmBinder.bindRootPersistentClassCommonValues:300 - Mapping class: com.abc.xyz.domain.directory.Comment -> ilc_directory_comment
INFO org.hibernate.cfg.HbmBinder.bindRootPersistentClassCommonValues:300 - Mapping class: com.abc.xyz.domain.directory.Entry -> ilc_directory_entry
INFO org.springframework.orm.hibernate3.LocalSessionFactoryBean.buildSessionFactory:665 - Building new Hibernate SessionFactory
INFO org.hibernate.cfg.HbmBinder.bindCollectionSecondPass:2385 - Mapping collection: com.abc.xyz.domain.directory.Category.childCategories -> ilc_directory_category
INFO org.hibernate.cfg.HbmBinder.bindCollectionSecondPass:2385 - Mapping collection: com.abc.xyz.domain.directory.Entry.addresses -> ilc_directory_address

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 9:19 pm 
Regular
Regular

It may be one of the followings:
    1. Is a mapping file, usually named Category.hbm.xml, to tell Hibernate how the class is mapped into a DB table?
    2. Is the mapping file Category.hbm.xml listed in the Hibernate configuration file?
    3. Is the mapping file in the physical path as what it is in the Hibernate configuration file

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 2:22 pm 
Regular
Regular

You're specifying 'auto-import="false"', which specifically disables unqualified class references in HQL (the default is true). I would try removing that attribute setting. If that doesn't fix it, I might try removing the package attribute and making all the class references absolute.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:32 pm 

dkarr wrote:
You're specifying 'auto-import="false"', which specifically disables unqualified class references in HQL (the default is true). I would try removing that attribute setting. If that doesn't fix it, I might try removing the package attribute and making all the class references absolute.

That solves the problem. I always have the auto-import set to true with this mapping exception. I can't remember why I did so. Thans very much for pointing out the cause.
----
Ok, now I remember why I set the auto-import to false. I had two model classes with the same name under differenct packages. When I had the auto-import set to true or be its default value, Hibernate didn't know what one shall be used. I need to rename one of them to aviod the side effect.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]