-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: A couple of problems with Hibernate Tools in Eclipse
PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 8:31 pm 

I'm having a couple of issues with the hibernate tools in Eclipse/Flex Builder 3. (Version 3.0, build 3.0.1.205647)

I've got 3.2.3.GA installed, and a few weeks ago I tried a slightly more recent version and a slightly older version with no change.

The first is that I can not get it to generate DDL to save my life. It just won't do it. If I run Eclipse in debug mode, I see the DDL get generated and spit out to the console, but it never hits a file. No errors are recorded, it just runs for a second and then stops, but no changes I've made to any settings have ever resulted in me seeing a file get saved. It's generating MySQL 5 code.

I've been having to use "Run Schemaexport" in the Hibernate view, which works fine, mostly.

That brings me to my second problem:

This

Code:

<set name="failBranch" table="fail_opsteps">
   <key column="opstep_id"/>
   <many-to-many class="com.tamedtornado.data.OpStep" column="conseq_id"/>
</set>

Generates a table "fail_opsteps" when I run schemaexport..

This

Code:
<list name="failBranch" table="fail_opsteps">
  <key column="opstep_id"/>
  <list-index column="order"/>
  <many-to-many class="com.tamedtornado.data.OpStep" column="conseq_id"/>
</list>

Generates no such table, although it does complain a lot about said table not existing. I have 2 or 3 others just like that, they all have the same problem.

Any ideas what I am doing wrong here?

Cheers,
Jason

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 11:31 pm 

To answer my second problem, I once again started Eclipse in debug mode to see the DDL it was generating.. Sure enough, it was generating DDL for those tables, but since my column name was order (reserved word, dur) , it was choking and not telling me.

Anyone have a solution or a debugging suggestion for getting DDL export to work?

Cheers,
Jason

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 7:49 am 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

look for quoting in hibernate reference doc.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]