-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: ReverseEnginnering DB
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 7:02 am 
Beginner
Beginner

Hi all,

I use Hibernate Tool 3.2.0-beta7 and noticed that in my POJOs the column annotation sometimes contains a length attribute and sometimes not. The tables are all in the same Oracle schema and all are of type VARCHAR2.

Someone has an idea how I can achieve that the length attribute is always added to these columns? I want to automate my validation annotation generation process.

Thanks in advance,
Axel

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 7:27 am 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

the length is only included if it is not equal to the default length, e.g. Column.DEFAULT_LENGTH

if you want a different behavior then look at column.hbm.ftl

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 8:56 am 
Beginner
Beginner

max wrote:
if you want a different behavior then look at column.hbm.ftl

I modified column.hbm.ftl. Now it looks like this.

Code:
<#if column.isFormula()>
<formula>${column.getFormula()}</formula>
<#else>
<column name="${column.quotedName}" ${c2h.columnAttributes(column)}>
<#if column.comment?exists>
<comment>${column.comment}</comment>
</#if>
</column>
<meta attribute="length">${column.length}</meta>
</#if>

It contains a meta-attribute length with the correct length. The XML file looks fine. I can see my meta attribute. e.g.

Code:
<property name="hitword" type="java.lang.String">
    <column name="HITWORD" not-null="true"></column>
    <meta attribute="length">255</meta>
</property>

But in my templates generating the annotated classes the meta attribute is not found resp. accessing it causes an exception.

Code:
${property.getMetaAttribute("length").getValue()}

Code:
Caused by: freemarker.core.InvalidReferenceException: Expression property.getMetaAttribute("length") is undefined on line 41, column 18 in pojo/PojoPropertyAccessors.ftl.

Can you give me a hint, why it's ignored here? I saw that the public method getMetaAttribute(String) exists in org.hibernate.mapping.Property! Are there only meta tags allowed mentioned in the doc as "Supported meta tags"? Formerly the meta tag length was valid (we used it). If it behaves like this, it would be impossible to store any information I want to use in my templates in a meta tag which I can compute in the templates. If the unknown meta tag will be ignored by other tools, this wouldn't matter.

Thanks,
Axel

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 5:29 pm 
Beginner
Beginner

Is it possible to call the public methods from org.hibernate.mapping.Property within my templates?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 2:02 am 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

The reason you are getting "undefined" is that the method returns null if there is no such meta attribute. Use c2j.getMetaAsString(property, "length", WhateverYouWantToBedefaultValue) to get a well defined result.

p.s. why are you putting in meta-attribute lengths here and not just adding it as the already existing attribute (e.g. only when it has the default value ?)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]