-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ] 
 Post subject: Does xdoclet support dynamic components?
PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 6:54 am 
Regular
Regular

Ditto. It seems not, I was only wondering if there's another way. Moreover, I can't use an external merge file because the dynamic component would be in a subclass. :|

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 6:58 am 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

No I don't think it does. Maybe patch xdoclet.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 7:09 am 
Regular
Regular

Yes, I'm trying. I see that the hibernate dtd version that is included in xdoclet does not have an element dynamic-component, but a dynabean one. Does this mean that it was done for a previous hibernate version?

I see that the version one can specify are "2.0" and "1.1": do you think I should work in order to add a "2.1 "?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 7:15 am 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

No. Don't add a version 2.1 since we have not changed the DTD version from 2.0 as it is basically backward compatible but do update XDoclet and its version the Hibernate (DTD).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 7:19 am 
Regular
Regular

Great. The patch was actually simple (I simply added a section similar to the one for components). I go and submit it to the xdoclet jira.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 7:27 am 
Regular
Regular

Uh. No, it seems trickier than that: actually what is easy to do is causing a <dynamic-component> tag to appear, but I can't see a simple way to specify content for the component! Actually, I don't see how the @hibernate.component that is now present in xdoclet can be used, since it does not provide a way to specify the component structure! I'll try to delve deeper into this.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 7:32 am 
Regular
Regular

I'm an idiot: the @hibernate.component works by extracting properties from the component class, bug since a dynamic component has not a class I can't specify the component structure... I don't see an easy way to specify this without using a class as in the component system (but that class would only be used to tell xdoclet which properties have to be attached to the component!).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 7:36 am 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

You will have to add (or use) extra markup to the method. I would think collections would provide you will some ideas to move forward.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 7:49 am 
Regular
Regular

david wrote:
You will have to add (or use) extra markup to the method. I would think collections would provide you will some ideas to move forward.

Ok, thanks, I'll give it a look.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ]