-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Trouble With XDoclet joined-subclass
PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2004 7:46 pm 

I'm having a problem getting XDoclet to generate the mapping files for the table-per-subclass mapping strategy.

I have a Person persistent class that extends a BaseEntity persistent class. BaseEntity has the following XDoclet class-level tags:

@hibernate.class table="BASE_ENTITY"

When I use the following Person class class-level tags:

@hibernate.joined-subclass
@hibernate.joined-subclass-key column="PERSON_ID"

The XDoclet task runs and says the build was successful, but nothing is generated. I've seen examples that list the table in the joined-subclass tag, though the XDoclet docs don't mention this as a valid argument, but I tried it anyway:

@hibernate.joined-subclass table="PERSON"

Still nothing.

Just to see if I can get anything generated, I tried

@hibernate.class table="PERSON"

This gives the error about Person having no ID field.

So, I'm a bit stuck. I'm using XDoclet 1.2b4, but also tried just 1.2 and 1.2b2, and am using Hibernate 2.1.2.

Any suggestions?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2004 4:29 am 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

On BaseEntity
@hibernate.class table="BASE_ENTITY"

And map an id property

On Person

Works for me

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2004 11:57 am 

Emmanuel,

Thanks for the response.

I tried your suggestion, but I can never get XDoclet to generate the mapping file for a joined-sublass. The XDoclet task starts, takes a few seconds, and then returns, but no code or errors are generated. I'm using XDoclet v1.2.

I researched the issue a bit more and found a bug report in JIRA at the XDoclet site: http://opensource.atlassian.com/projects/xdoclet/browse/XDT-712 which seems to address the same problem I'm having. Even though that was a 1.2b3 issue, it's status still shows as open - and my experience with 1.2 seems to bear it out.

I'm just curious, when you use the @hibernate.joined-subclass tag as you described, is the parent class in the same package? Do you get a separate mapping file for the subclass or is the generated mapping info nested inside the parent class' mapping file?

Thanks again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2004 2:48 pm 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

Same package I guess (don't have to code right now)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]