-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: Generating schema, firebird 1.5 database
PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2004 5:42 pm 

Trying to use hibernate with Firebird 1.5 for the first time.

When trying to generate the schema using the schemaexport task, I get the following behavior :
The table are created, then during the alter tables to create the constraints, there are some errors related to locks and metadata update. It looks related to autocommit behavior during DDL operations.

Here is the error I get :
-----------
alter table US_USERS_GROUPS add constraint FK8A7D500C24728B foreign key (NAME) references US_GROUPS
Unsuccessful: alter table US_USERS_GROUPS add constraint FK8A7D500C24728B foreign key (NAME) references US_GROUPS
Resource Exception. lock conflict on no wait transaction
unsuccessful metadata update
object US_GROUPS is in use
Reason: lock conflict on no wait transaction
unsuccessful metadata update
object US_GROUPS is in use
-----------

Anyone knows how to work around this?

Thanks
Francois

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2004 3:30 pm 
Beginner
Beginner

Hi,

Try to be sure that there isn't any user connected to the database when you generate you schema.

Hope it will help ...

sylvain_2020

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2004 7:08 am 

sylvain_2020 wrote:
Hi,

Try to be sure that there isn't any user connected to the database when you generate you schema.

Hope it will help ...

sylvain_2020

No one is connected.

Fran

Post subject: Firbird 1.5 and hibernate
PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2004 7:15 pm 

If you post your hibernate.properties I will compare it to mine. I have only encountered this behaviour when I have had open connections to the database but cannot remember seeing anything about transactions in the error message - just OJECT in use.

Post subject: Re: Firbird 1.5 and hibernate
PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2004 8:09 am 

dotski81 wrote:
If you post your hibernate.properties I will compare it to mine. I have only encountered this behaviour when I have had open connections to the database but cannot remember seeing anything about transactions in the error message - just OJECT in use.

Thanks for the reply.

Read closely my first post. I get object in use errors which prevent the integrity constraints to be created. I have a feeling that it is related to transactions.

Fran

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2004 4:57 pm 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

This is related to firebird allowing ddl statements only when in so called single user mode. http://www.hibernate.org/120.html#A7

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]