-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: Middlegen, version r-3
PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2003 8:50 am 
Beginner
Beginner

Hi Guys,

Is that possible, that Middlegen in GUI mode will show all tables on the left side ? And on dubble clicking, will go to this table.

Without this feature - its nearly impossible to navigate through numerous tables.

-awt

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2003 4:27 am 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

Not sure what your asking for .. You want a way to select the table without using the visual selection at the top of the screen? I suppose this is possible. I will consider a combo box that will list all tables - but how do you then want to select all of the columns - a second combo box?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2003 4:28 am 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

Then again how would you select and change the relationships..... This will not work. So I would like a better idea what your suggesting.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2003 4:48 am 
Beginner
Beginner

david wrote:
Not sure what your asking for .. You want a way to select the table without using the visual selection at the top of the screen? I suppose this is possible. I will consider a combo box that will list all tables - but how do you then want to select all of the columns - a second combo box?

Thanks for your discussing.

I'm asking about the way: In case, when I have 100 tables its nearly impossible to navigate (searching) in current way - I'd like to have king of list with all current tables - and on double click (or selecting from Listbox) on one of them I wonna see it. I don't need relations... relations will stay like before...

-awt

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2003 5:03 am 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

OK - I guess a combo box could do the job. I will consider it. You could have a go yourself if you like. Code is in SF Middlegen CVS.

Post subject: Middlegen and tables
PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2004 8:51 am 

david wrote:
OK - I guess a combo box could do the job. I will consider it. You could have a go yourself if you like. Code is in SF Middlegen CVS.

I am now trying middlegenplugin r4, and also have a lot of tables to deal with.. Here is an excerpt from the ant output:

[middlegen] Database URL:jdbc:oracle:thin:@192.168.1.4:1521:DB400
[middlegen] No <table> elements specified. Reading all tables. This might take a while...

I just can't find where to put this <table> element to restrict the tables shown in my screen.

Any help appreciated, regards

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2004 6:19 pm 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

See the Main Middlegen site http://boss.bekk.no/boss/middlegen for full documentation on the Ant task. This has been updated as we are progressing with version 2.1 .

The basic outline of the ant task follows:
Code:
<middlegen
   appname="shop"
   prefsdir="some/directory"
   gui="true"
   databaseurl="jdbc:mysql://somewhere/airline"
   initialContextFactory="${java.naming.factory.initial}"
   providerURL="${java.naming.provider.url}"
   datasourceJNDIName="shop.database"
   driver="org.gjt.mm.mysql.Driver"
   username="top"
   password="secret"
>
   <!-- Optionally declare table elements -->
   <!-- Optionally declare many2many elements -->
   <!-- One or more plugins -->
</middlegen>

From memory the example I supply has the table tags (commented out) as an example. In anycase, hope this helps.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ]