-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: HQL Queries and Tools
PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2003 9:14 am 

Greetings!

I am desiring to write a tool (Xdoclet extension) for a current project which, based upon an arbitrary named HQL query in the hbm file, will generate a POJO representing one row of the result of the query.

Query will return the types, but I am wondering if there is some way to use NamedSQLQuery which has the names of the returned aliases (which I would use to generate the bean).

I'm sorry to ask, I spent a couple of hours pouring through google and the api, and haven't found anything. I'm hoping that someone here might be able to help.

Thanks in advance,
matt

Post subject: It stands to reason....
PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2003 10:33 am 

That as soon as I post a query, the lightbulb goes off and I figure it out.

I'll create a class (because it's easier to add it for the customer than to maintain a patched version of hibernate) which is in package net.sf.hibernate.impl which will expose methods of InternalNamedSQLQuery. This, then, I'll use to obtain my return alias names and types, then I can build the return POJO.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]