-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Generate entities with cascade delete
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 1:47 pm 

I am generating entities for our large database via hibernate reverse engineering. I was hoping to see cascade annotations in entities, but did not see them on generation.

Is there a way to direct hibernate to consider foreign keys and generate entities with cascade annotations, so that when i delete a parent all associated entities get automatically deleted.

Basically, I do not want to delete all associated entities & their associations one by one as its a very cumbersome task ; can hibernate reverse engineering help here?

Post subject: Re: Generate entities with cascade delete
PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 10:11 pm 

Does anybody have any ideas on this?

Post subject: Re: Generate entities with cascade delete
PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 1:41 am 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

Check out this StackOverflow answer.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]