-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Query for Many-to-Many Mapping
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:55 am 

I am dealing with a scenario with a Many-to-Many mapping which is just like the example in Employee to Project through a Join table (ProjectAssociation) with other data in join table. This example is being mentioned so many times. This works fine for me. But I want to retrieve a List of Employees that are allocated to a given Project whom also belong to a given department. The department is a field in the Employee class. When I retrieve the list of Employess, i want them populated with the ProjectAssociations list as well since I can get the project information of employees of that particular department. Following are the entities. They are not complete. I want to just show how my Employee class is.

@Entity
public class Employee
{
private Long Id;

private Department department;

private List<ProjectAssocation> projects;
}
-------------------------------------------------------------------
private class Department
{
private Long id;

private String name;
}
------------------------------------------------------------------
@Entity
@IdClass(ProjectAssociationId.class)
public class ProjectAssociation
{
@Id
private Long employeeId;

@Id
private Long projectId;

@ManyToOne
@PrimaryKeyJoinColumn....
private Employee employee;

@ManyToOne(mappedBy="...")
private Project project;
}
public class Project
{
private Long id;

private String projectName;

private List<ProjectAssociation> employees;
}
Can someone please tell me the query to get the List of Employees belonging to a specific department (say Engineering) who have been allocated to Project(say Hibernate)

Post subject: Re: Query for Many-to-Many Mapping
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:14 pm 

I just realized that i have by mistake written to the wrong forum. It has mistakenly gone to the tools forum.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]