-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Two quick questions
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:50 pm 

I posted these in the general users section but then realized that I should probably post here instead since the second question is specifically about tools:

1. Is it correct that, if I use the .hbm.xml mapping files, I do not have to create POJOs for my tables?

2. Is there a way to use Eclipse to automatically generate the Action and Manager classes, similar to the way it will generate the model classes and .xml mapping files, or do I have to do those by hand?

Thanks!

Post subject: Re: Two quick questions
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:33 am 
Senior
Senior

1) If you activate the "Domain code" exporter, then yes you'll get entity classes.
That's independent of whether you use .hbm.xml or annotations, by the way.
Be warned that the reveng process is hard to control, does not cover all cases, and is a bitch to adapt to new requirements. For my current project, reveng has eaten far more time than it could ever save; in 20/20 hindsight, I know I should have used hand-written Pojo classes, with EJB annotations, and have them checked for consistency with the RDBMS via unit tests. YMMV.

2) The Action and Manager terminology seems to be related to Spring/Struts. Hibernate Tools is not related to these, and I don't think it can generate them out of the box.
It may be possible to make reveng generate these as well, but then maybe it cannot. Finding out whether it's possible is going to take person-months unless you're already a Hibernate Tools expert, so that's probably not your route anyway.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]