-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: I doubt that the Hibernate Console works with annotated POJO
PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 5:42 pm 

I' m using the Hibernate 3.2.4 GA console and I can't see where it can work at all with my annotated entity classes. The console always wants a hibernate.hbm.xml file and there doesn't seem to be a way to add AnnotationConfiguration information there - or I can't find an example of just WHERE one would put their annotation ifnormation. I tried the old-school reverse engineered building of the .hbm.xml descriptors for each of my 100 classes, but that was a failure as well (50% of the classes could not be found, even though they ALL reside in the SAME classpath - but that's a whole different issue).

Please show me an example, or a recent web link, or a tutorial that spells out how to operate the Hibernate Console with annotated POJO classes.

In summary, how do I take something like this (having a composite-id):
Code:
// Generated Apr 24, 2011 2:31:22 PM by Hibernate Tools 3.2.4.GA

import javax.persistence.AttributeOverride;
import javax.persistence.AttributeOverrides;
import javax.persistence.Column;
import javax.persistence.EmbeddedId;
import javax.persistence.Entity;
import javax.persistence.Table;

/**
* Testscratch generated by hbm2java
*/
@Entity
@Table(name = "testscratch", catalog = "database")
public class Testscratch implements java.io.Serializable {

private TestscratchId id;

public Testscratch() {
   }

public Testscratch(TestscratchId id) {
      this.id = id;
   }

@EmbeddedId
   @AttributeOverrides( {
         @AttributeOverride(name = "name", column = @Column(name = "name", nullable = false, length = 100)),
         @AttributeOverride(name = "mobile", column = @Column(name = "mobile", nullable = false, length = 100)),
         @AttributeOverride(name = "encname", column = @Column(name = "encname", nullable = false, length = 100)),
         @AttributeOverride(name = "encmobile", column = @Column(name = "encmobile", nullable = false, length = 100)) })
   public TestscratchId getId() {
      return this.id;
   }

// TestscratchId is just a composite-id POJO
   public void setId(TestscratchId id) {
      this.id = id;
   }

}

And configure it under the Hibernate Console to eventually run the HQL Editor on it?

Post subject: Re: I doubt that the Hibernate Console works with annotated POJO
PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 10:48 am 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

I assume you use JPA ? Then simply choose JPA when you create the Console Configuration.

Your project will need a META-INF/persistence.xml to tell Hibernate EntityManager that it needs to scan for entities.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]