-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: FIXED: Usertype not properly generated in Pojo
PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:32 pm 
Senior
Senior

The database has a VARCHAR(1) field that may be Y or N, and I want to have it mapped as a Boolean in the entity class.

hibernate.reveng.xml has this:
Code:
  <table name="MY_TABLE">
    <column name="FLAG"
       type="com.company.lib.hibernate.usertypes.YNBooleanType"/>

YNBooleanType inherits from org.hibernate.type.BooleanType, so its getReturnedClass() function already does the right thing and returns Boolean.class.

However, the generated Pojo has
Code:
  @Column (name = "FLAG", nullable = false, length = 1)
  public YNBooleanType getFlag () {
    return this.flag;
  }

Now I knew that the standard reason for this is that the user type isn't on the classpath.
So I placed YNBooleanType in a jar file that I specifically added to the classpath. This didn't change anything.
In fact I think the class isn't loaded, I had added
Code:
  static {
    System.err.println ("YNBooleanType was loaded");
  }

to the class body, but the message never turned up (I do get "didn't report any primary key columns" message, so I'm pretty sure I'm looking at the right console).
Somehow it's ignoring the specified classpath.

I'm using the Classpath tab on the Hibernate Configuration from the Hibernate view.
Maybe that's the wrong classpath setting?

I'd like to make it log the classpath it's using to resolve user types - is there a way to raise the logging level when it's running inside Eclipse?

Post subject: Re: FIXED: Usertype not properly generated in Pojo
PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:22 pm 
Senior
Senior

Turned out that subclassing a standard type like BooleanType is not the way to go, you need to write a subclass of UserType.
Hibernate's standard types are handled very differently from user types; for example, no user type can specify a type shorthand (which, incidentally, means you have to specify the full darn.long.user.type.fully.qualified.TypeName in hibernate.reveng.xml).

Oh. And the difference between a UserType and standard types can be as minor as having the standard types using getReturnedClasss() and UserType using returnedClass().
The kind of detail you tend to miss :-(

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:34 pm 

Joachim Durchholz wrote:
no user type can specify a type shorthand (which, incidentally, means you have to specify the full darn.long.user.type.fully.qualified.TypeName in hibernate.reveng.xml).

I have a patch for that!. do you know if there is a ticket for it?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 9:19 pm 

Is there a way to ignore the foreign keys of all tables from my database ?

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]