-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ] 
 Post subject: MongoDB - Non-primitive options
PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 1:14 pm 

Hi,

I'd like to be able to provide my own SocketFactory for MongoClient to use which is usually possible by passing it to MongoClientOptions.Builder. OGM currently allows MongoClientOptions to be configured via properties with the prefix 'hibernate.ogm.mongodb.driver.' which are then set in the options builder via reflection in MongoDBConfiguration.buildOptions. My problem is that the method which builds the list of options setting methods (createSettingsMap) currently excludes all non-primitive options. I was wondering whether this restriction could potentially be lifted or if there were any alternative ways to make it use a specific instance of SocketFactory?

Thanks,
David.

Post subject: Re: MongoDB - Non-primitive options
PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 6:49 am 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

Hi,
I've created a new JIRA for it: https://hibernate.atlassian.net/browse/OGM-975

We'll try to fix as soon as possible.
If you want to speed up the process you could try to create a fix for it; the jira contains some explanations and a patch with a test case.

As a temporary workaround you can ovverride MongoDBDatastoreProvider to create your MongoClient.

Thanks for the feedback,
Davide

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 11:46 am 

Thanks Davide. We can work around this for the moment but eventually we'll need this functionality so we'll pick up the ticket at that time unless someone else gets to it first.

Thanks,
David.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 1:11 pm 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

Hey David,

Can you tell us why you need to pass your own SocketFactory ? Looks at first sight like an unfrequent requirement so that's interesting to hear your needs.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 2:45 pm 

Hi Emmanuel,

Our application needs to communicate with MongoDB over SSL. We're planning on deploying in Docker containers and I want our images to be non-environment specific so would like the ability to provide a reference to the SSL certificates when the container is started and for the application to programmatically retrieve the certificates and install them in a trust store. In order to use these certificates for connecting to MongoDB we'd need to use an instance of an SSLSocketFactory which used this specific trust store rather than the default one.

Dave.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 8:42 am 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

Thanks, interesting.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 9:02 am 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

DavidW_asdf, it should be possible to lift that restriction, but naturally this would not work when configuring Hibernate OGM through persistence.xml, hibernate.properties and the like. I.e. you'd have to bootstrap Hibernate OGM programmatically in order to pass in an actual instance of the socket factory. Out of curiousity, how are you bootstrapping it atm.?

Thanks,

--Gunnar

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 10:43 am 

Hi Gunnar,

We have persistence.xml files for non-environment specific settings (entities, transaction types etc) and then we bootstrap in Guice/Onami Persistence where we programmatically supplement those properties with the environment specific ones. e.g.

Code:
  protected Properties mongoDbJpaConfigurationFrom(final String dbUriProperty) {
    final MongoDbConfig config = MongoDbConfig.fromURI(getProperty(dbUriProperty));
    Properties properties = new Properties();
    properties.put("hibernate.ogm.datastore.database", config.getDatabase());
    properties.put("hibernate.ogm.datastore.host", config.toHostAddress());
    properties.put("hibernate.ogm.datastore.username", config.getUsername());
    properties.put("hibernate.ogm.datastore.password", config.getPassword());
    properties.put("org.hibernate.flushMode", "COMMIT");

if(config.isSsl()) {
      properties.put("hibernate.ogm.mongodb.driver.sslEnabled", true);
      properties.put("hibernate.ogm.mongodb.driver.sslInvalidHostNameAllowed", true);
      // TODO: add certificate import
    }

return properties;
  }

Thanks,
Dave.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 6:30 am 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

Thanks for the reply, Dave; Then we should be able to get this working.

Note there is OgmProperties which defines constants for most of the properties, so you don't need to write out those as Strings.

--Gunnar

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ]