-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Int32 MongoDB data type problem
PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 12:45 am 

My company has a 3 years old MongoDB database with 250GB of data.
I am converting the source code from using Resin + Redis + MongoDB to Wildfly + Infinispan + JPA + MongoDB
The reason is I want to have a more unified way to work with data. By using Hibernate OGM through JPA, what I want to archive is having a single API to work with both Infinispan and MongoDB.

The problem is my database is using Int32 and Int64 for some of its field. Right at the moment:

When I use
@Column(name = "app_status")
private Long appStatus;
It says: "Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Can not set java.lang.Long field vn.eway.adsinapp.model.App.appStatus to java.lang.Integer"
When I use
private Integer appStatus;
It says: "It says: "Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Can not set java.lang.Long field vn.eway.adsinapp.model.App.appStatus to java.lang.Integer"

My question is: what data type should I use to map with Int32 and Int64 of MongoDB?

Post subject: Re: Int32 MongoDB data type problem
PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 3:12 am 

well, I found the solution. Int32 should be mapped to Short.

Post subject: Re: Int32 MongoDB data type problem
PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 7:48 am 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

Hey,

Sorry for the late response, just stumbling over this. Actually you should use int/Integer to map Int32. Short would be to small so you are at risk of value loss. Your second error report seems weird:

Code:
private Integer appStatus;

It says: "Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Can not set java.lang.Long field vn.eway.adsinapp.model.App.appStatus to java.lang.Integer"

The field is of type Integer, whereas the error message says it's Long. Could you double check whether that was not a mix-up from different experiments or so?

If that's what you actually get with the field being of type Integer, I'd consider it a bug in OGM. Could you file a JIRA issue and attach a test case, please?

Thanks,

--Gunnar

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]