-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 
 Post subject: About OGM hibernate support for aerospike
PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 10:30 pm 

Hello,everyone!
I have a question.Recently I was using aerospike, but I don't know how to use OGM to deal with it.I have seen the OGM official document, it does not support aerospike database. I want to extend the OGM module to support aerospike. I should do it? Who can help me?

Post subject: Re: About OGM hibernate support for aerospike
PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 2:59 am 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

Hi,

Hibernate OGM does not come with support for Aerospike. But you could build it yourself based on a custom backend (similar to the existing backends for Infinispan, MongoDB and so on). For that you'd have to implement the SPI contracts GridDialect and DatastoreProvider. I recommend you take a look at the existing implementations to get some inspiration. To actually use your new backend, you'd configure the FQN of the datatstore provider type through the "hibernate.ogm.datastore.provider" property.

I suggest you drop by on #hibernate-dev on IRC where many Hibernate devs hang out most of the day. There we can discuss specific issues you may have. I don't really know Aerospike, but I certainly can help you with questions around the OGM contracts (or e.g. create new ones should that be needed for this backend).

Cheers,

--Gunnar

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 8:46 pm 

Thank you.

I have implemented a single table of operations, but a multi table dependent and reference, I do not know where to start, some of the official SPI interface is not very clear.
Are there any official documents for these interfaces, in addition, OGM and spring can be integrated?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 8:49 pm 

Aerospike can be in accordance with the logic of the Redis database to expand the OGM module. To create their own OGM module, I am now basically in accordance with the module to modify the HIbernate-ogm-redis.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 2:29 am 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

Yes, taking an existing module as template is a good idea. I am not sure what you mean by "multi table dependent"? There are no SPI docs in addition to the JavaDoc yet, I guess it'd make sense to write some integrator guide at some point.

GridDialect is the basic contract for new dialects, it has several sub-interfaces (MultigetGridDialect etc.) which dialects can implement in addition to expose advanced capabilities. You may want to implement one or more of these as per the capabilities of Aerospike. DatastoreProvider manages and holds the connection to the database. Regarding querying the major decision is whether to delegate to Hibernate Search + Lucene (which you get for "free") or whether to implement a specific backend for the HQL query parser (see the MongoDB and Neo4j backends) which take HQL/JPQL queries and create corresponding native (Aerospike in this case) queries (if there is such thing for your datastore).

If you have any specific problems post the questions and we can work them out case by case. If you share your dialect in some GitHub repo, I also can take a look and give some feedback.

Cheers,

--Gunnar

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 2:38 am 

OK, I will share my module to Github, you download it, help me see, I should go to improve, can you?
I say that the multi - table dependency is the mutual reference between entities and entities, such as oneToOne, OneToMany, such entity mapping. In Aerospike, data storage is stored in a stream to the database. I do not know how to achieve this reference.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 4:38 am 

Sorry,I can't use GitHub.Could you sent to me your E-mail.I sent to you my ogm module of aerospike.Could you help me and see my dialect.I don't know It's wrong or right.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 6:16 am 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

Hi brucey,

Thanks for your help, it's great to hear that you want to help us to improve Hibernate OGM.

As gunnar mentioned in a previous post, our resources are limited and it would not be sustainable to receive all the changes to a module via email. It will also make harder to provide feedback and
it won't allow other people to participate to the discussion.

It would help if you could take the time to figure out how to use GitHub and git.
These guides should be able to help you:

1) Github bootcamp: https://help.github.com/categories/bootcamp/
2) Hibernate OGM contribution guide: http://hibernate.org/ogm/contribute/

We can help you if something is not clear and you give us some more details about the problems you have.

Cheers,
Davide

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ]