-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: mongodb @ElementCollection inside another @ElementCollection
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 3:52 am 

Hi everyone,

I am using mongodb as database and i am mapping all my collections and some of them have subcollections inside. Some of these have a subcollection inside too but i am getting an error saying to me that this can not be done..so...

is there a solution for this case of use?

Thanks and regards!

Post subject: Re: mongodb @ElementCollection inside another @ElementCollection
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 5:11 am 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

Hi,
that kind of mapping violates the JPA specification.

The following post should answer your querstion: https://forum.hibernate.org/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=1038740&start=0&hilit=%40ElementCollection

Cheers,
Davide

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 1:21 am 

ok, it is a violation of the JPA spec, but how do i do this case of use?

I have the user entity that has a column user_roles and each rol has some permissions...

I think this case of use or similars are usual in any logic of business so..how can i do this supposing i use mongodb and i want to use embbeded objects/collections?

thanks and regards!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 5:37 am 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

Hi,
at the moment we don't support that particular mapping in MongoDB.

I think you can try following Emmanuel suggestion in the post I linked (https://forum.hibernate.org/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=1038740&start=0&hilit=%40ElementCollection):

you can simulate the @ElementCollection semantic mapping the user role as a plain entity and using @OneToMany(cascade=CascadeType.ALL, orphanRemoval=true).

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]