-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: Multiple ValidationMessages.properties in different jars
PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 12:37 pm 

Hi,

I have the following situation. I'm using JBoss EAP 6.2 and want to deploy two applications:

appl1.jar and appl2.ear
(appl2.ear depends on appl1.jar. appl1.jar is a common application which may be used by other applications, too.)

appl1.jar has a ValidationMessages.properties file under jar/WEB-INF/classes
with the content:
missing_sender = Please provide a sender adress.

appl2.jar has a ValidationMessages.properties file under ear/web/WEB-INF/classes as well. Its content is:
page_field_empty = The field is empty.

If I start the server and validate some input, e.g. check if a field contains data, then I got as error message:
{page_field_empty} instead of "The field is empty".
The logic for this validation is located within a folder (ear/biz/) in the appl2.ear. The used Validator is obtained by:
Code:
ValidatorFactory factory = Validation.buildDefaultValidatorFactory();
validator = factory.getValidator();

If I debug all keys of the file ValidationMessages.properties, it only returns as known keys:
missing_sender

I.e. the keys from the ValidationMessages.properties from the jar file: appl1.jar. Thus, the key {page_field_empty} is unknown and the key instead of the value is returned.

So:
How it is possible to load ValidationMessages.properties in its own "context"?
Why does the ear/ValidationMessages.properties file got overwritten by the jar/ValidationMessages.properties?

Thanks for any suggestions and help in advance.

Best regards,
jondoe

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]