-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Could not find the dialect in the configuration
PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 6:18 am 

Hi all

So I've downloaded all the files and created a new ASP.NET website project. I've closely followed the setup as demonstrated in the first Summer of NHibernate screencast but I've been stuck on the same thing for weeks.

I have a page which simply tries to load an object from the database and display some information from it, but the page simply gives the error 'Could not find the dialect in the configuration'.

The dialect I have specified in hibernate.cfg.xml is just copied and pasted from countless examples I have found on the web. I am certain that the error is not arising because NHibernate literally could not find the dialect node in the configuration file, or that the dialect specified is not valid.

I think the problem is that NHibernate cannot find the configuration file itself. My understanding is that the configuration file needs to be in the same location as the code using the NHibernate objects; in this case; the folder containing the web page. Is this correct?

Can you think of any other reason I might be getting this error? I have been unable to proceed with NHibernate for three weeks now and I'm starting to get pretty disillusioned with it to be honest.

Thanks for your help.

David

Post subject: Re: Could not find the dialect in the configuration
PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 11:31 pm 

Not sure if it'll work, put the content in the "hibernate.cfg.xml" file inside your "web.config" or "app.config" file inside the "<configuration>" tags.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]