-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: building an extensible data model with NHibernate
PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:57 pm 

my app is a winform app written in VB. im in the process now of working out my issues with sessions and entity managers, but there is a larger problem on the horizon that will screw me up pretty soon.

my app has a core data model. that core will not change, but we are also adding the ability to write plugins for the app. those plugins may add a field to an existing core table or it may add new tables all together. how would i implement this in nhibernate?

for an example, i can have the following table in the app core

user
field-uname
field-pass

the core would have that mapped to an object. but then someone may write a plugin that adds the field last login to the user table. can that plugin just have an object called say custom_user that extends user with the additional fields mapped in an xml and compiled into the plugin dll and from within custom_user be able to access the uname and pass?

if not can someone point me to a tutorial or something that would show me how to fix this. this is going to be a show stopper soon for me.

Post subject: Re: building an extensible data model with NHibernate
PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:05 pm 

any ideas here?

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]