-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Mapping XDocument to Oracle XMLType
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:36 pm 

Hi,

Please can you advise the best way to map from an XDocument property type to an Oracle XMLType? I am mapping to a legacy database and have no control over the schema. It is Oracle 9i.

I have read that version 3 of nHibernate provides out the box functionality for this type of mapping. I am using version 3.1 with fluent mappings and I receive the following error when using the default map on a create:

System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException : Specified argument was out of the range of valid values.
at Oracle.DataAccess.Client.OracleParameter.set_DbType(DbType value)
at NHibernate.Driver.DriverBase.SetCommandParameters(IDbCommand cmd, SqlType[] sqlTypes) in d:\CSharp\NH\NH\nhibernate\src\NHibernate\Driver\DriverBase.cs: line 180
at NHibernate.Driver.DriverBase.GenerateCommand(CommandType type, SqlString sqlString, SqlType[] parameterTypes) in d:\CSharp\NH\NH\nhibernate\src\NHibernate\Driver\DriverBase.cs: line 136
at NHibernate.AdoNet.AbstractBatcher.Generate(CommandType type, SqlString sqlString, SqlType[] parameterTypes) in d:\CSharp\NH\NH\nhibernate\src\NHibernate\AdoNet\AbstractBatcher.cs: line 78
at NHibernate.AdoNet.AbstractBatcher.PrepareBatchCommand(CommandType type, SqlString sql, SqlType[] parameterTypes) in d:\CSharp\NH\NH\nhibernate\src\NHibernate\AdoNet\AbstractBatcher.cs: line 146
at NHibernate.Persister.Entity.AbstractEntityPersister.Insert(Object id, Object[] fields, Boolean[] notNull, Int32 j, SqlCommandInfo sql, Object obj, ISessionImplementor session) in d:\CSharp\NH\NH\nhibernate\src\NHibernate\Persister\Entity\AbstractEntityPersister.cs: line 2616
at NHibernate.Persister.Entity.AbstractEntityPersister.Insert(Object id, Object[] fields, Object obj, ISessionImplementor session) in d:\CSharp\NH\NH\nhibernate\src\NHibernate\Persister\Entity\AbstractEntityPersister.cs: line 3050
at NHibernate.Action.EntityInsertAction.Execute() in d:\CSharp\NH\NH\nhibernate\src\NHibernate\Action\EntityInsertAction.cs: line 59
at NHibernate.Engine.ActionQueue.Execute(IExecutable executable) in d:\CSharp\NH\NH\nhibernate\src\NHibernate\Engine\ActionQueue.cs: line 136
at NHibernate.Engine.ActionQueue.ExecuteActions(IList list) in d:\CSharp\NH\NH\nhibernate\src\NHibernate\Engine\ActionQueue.cs: line 125
at NHibernate.Engine.ActionQueue.ExecuteActions() in d:\CSharp\NH\NH\nhibernate\src\NHibernate\Engine\ActionQueue.cs: line 170
at NHibernate.Event.Default.AbstractFlushingEventListener.PerformExecutions(IEventSource session) in d:\CSharp\NH\NH\nhibernate\src\NHibernate\Event\Default\AbstractFlushingEventListener.cs: line 241
at NHibernate.Event.Default.DefaultFlushEventListener.OnFlush(FlushEvent event) in d:\CSharp\NH\NH\nhibernate\src\NHibernate\Event\Default\DefaultFlushEventListener.cs: line 20
at NHibernate.Impl.SessionImpl.Flush() in d:\CSharp\NH\NH\nhibernate\src\NHibernate\Impl\SessionImpl.cs: line 1470

I got round this my writing my own user type which converts between an XDocument and a string:

/// <summary>The NHibernate SQL types for the columns mapped by this type.</summary>
public SqlType[] SqlTypes
{
get { return (new SqlType[] { new StringClobSqlType() }); }
}

/// <summary>The type returned by <c>NullSafeGet()</c>.</summary>
public Type ReturnedType
{
get { return (typeof(XDocument)); }
}

/// <summary>Retrieve an instance of the mapped class from a resultset.</summary>
/// <param name="rs">a IDataReader</param>
/// <param name="names">column names</param>
/// <param name="owner">the containing entity</param>
/// <returns>A Date object</returns>
public object NullSafeGet(IDataReader rs, string[] names, object owner)
{
XDocument xDoc = null;

int columnIndex = rs.GetOrdinal(names[0]);
if (!rs.IsDBNull(columnIndex))
{
xDoc = XDocument.Parse((rs[columnIndex].ToString()));
}

return (xDoc);
}

/// <summary>Write an instance of the mapped class to a prepared statement.</summary>
/// <param name="cmd">a IDbCommand</param>
/// <param name="value">the object to write</param>
/// <param name="index">command parameter index</param>
public void NullSafeSet(IDbCommand cmd, object value, int index)
{
IDbDataParameter parameter = (IDbDataParameter)cmd.Parameters[index];

if (value == null)
{
parameter.Value = DBNull.Value;
}
else
{
XDocument xDoc = (XDocument)value;
parameter.Value = xDoc.ConvertToString();
}
}

This worked fine until the string was greater than 4000 characters in length. Now I get the error:

NHibernate.Exceptions.GenericADOException : could not insert: [XmlBlob#95586][SQL: INSERT INTO XMLBLOB (CAT_CODE, BLB_BLOB, BLB_ID) VALUES (?, ?, ?)]
----> Oracle.DataAccess.Client.OracleException : ORA-01461: can bind a LONG value only for insert into a LONG column

Any ideas are much appreciated.

Post subject: Re: Mapping XDocument to Oracle XMLType
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:49 am 

Got it working...

The only update I needed to be able to save more than 4000 characters to the XMLType column was to set the parameter type as OracleDbType.XmlType in the set method for my user type implementation:

public void NullSafeSet(IDbCommand cmd, object value, int index)
{
IDbDataParameter parameter = (IDbDataParameter)cmd.Parameters[index];
((OracleParameter)parameter).OracleDbTypeEx = OracleDbType.XmlType;

if (value == null)
{
parameter.Value = DBNull.Value;
}
else
{
XDocument xDoc = (XDocument)value;
parameter.Value = xDoc.ConvertToString();
}
}

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]