-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: bag composite-element from subselect
PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 4:07 pm 

I have a query I want to be able to use to populate a composite-element property of a class. I have created this:
Code:
<bag name="Relationships">
      <subselect>
        select count(RelationID) as Relations, Relationship, EntityID from rcs.tblRelation_Link group by Relationship, EntityID
      </subselect>
      <key column="EntityID" />
      <composite-element class="Relationship">
        <many-to-one class="Lookup" name="RelationType" column="Relationship" />
        <property name="Count" type="int" column="Relations" />
      </composite-element>
    </bag>

Which generates a query that looks like this:
Code:
SELECT relationsh0_.EntityID     as EntityID0_,
       relationsh0_.Relationship as Relation2_0_,
       relationsh0_.Relations    as Relations0_
FROM   Relationships relationsh0_
WHERE  relationsh0_.EntityID = '[i]guidvalue[/i]'

So clearly this is not the way to do what I am trying to do. Does anyone have a suggestion of how to use a query to populate elements like this short of creating a view on the database side? I would ideally like to keep everything in the app so it is obvious where it is coming from.

I may not have explained this completely so please do let me know if you I can clarify anything!

Thanks!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]