-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: hql named parameters scary buggy
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:46 pm 

I have attempted to use an HQL query with named parameters. The query is quite complicated, something like this
Code:
select
    v.VariableId as VariableId,
    vv.VariableValueId as VariableValueId,
    case
      when vv.VariableValueId is not null then
        case
          when vst.ValueSourceTypeId = :autoLoad then vv.Value
          else null
        end               
      else null
    end as Formula
    case
      when vv.VariableValueId is not null then
        case
          when vv.Value is null then v.SimulationValue
          when vst.ValueSourceTypeId = :autoLoad then null
          else vv.Value
        end
      when v.IsFormulaBased = 0 then v.SimulationValue
      else null
    end as Value,
    case
      when (vv.VariableValueId is not null and vst.ValueSourceTypeId = :autoLoad) or (vv.VariableValueId is null and v.IsFormulaBased = 1) then
        :value1
      else
        :value2
    end as EvaluationStatus
  from Variable v
    left join v.Formula f
    left join v.VariableValues vv with vv.Organization.OrganizationId = :organizationId and vv.TimePeriod.TimePeriodId = :timePeriodId
    left join vv.ValueSourceType vst
    left join vv.CurrentOverride ov
  where v.Frequency.FrequencyId = (select tp.Frequency.FrequencyId from TimePeriod tp where tp.TimePeriodId = :timePeriodId)

I set the parameters using SetParameter calls.

When the query gets translated to sql and executed, the parameters are completely f****d up. I attempted to debug and I noticed that the query gets translated to a form that uses the jdbc syntax with question marks as parameter placeholders but I didn't have time to dig deeper and see exactly where things get screwed up.

Please note that some parameters are used multiple times. Is that allowed? I even tried to have unique parameters names but, still, the parameter values were not assigned correctly.

Did anyone come across this problem? To me this is a major bug and I am very surprised by this behavior. Unless I am missing something obvious - maybe a setting somewhere.

Please note that the hql query is built in c# code and I ended up using the good old String.Format. I didn't attempt to use named queries.

Thanks

PS. I am using version 3.1.0.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]