-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Problem with Begin Transaction call
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 7:28 am 

Hi,
When I try to save data using NHIbernate I am getting the following error. Is anyone out there having knowledge of it or has faced the same issue...pls pls help me with a solution.

ERROR - Begin transaction failed
System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException (0x80131904): A transport-level error has occurred when sending the request to the server. (provider: TCP Provider, error: 0 - An operation was attempted on something that is not a socket.)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection)
at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning()
at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParserStateObject.WriteSni()
at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParserStateObject.WritePacket(Byte flushMode)
at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.TdsExecuteTransactionManagerRequest(Byte[] buffer, TransactionManagerRequestType request, String transactionName, TransactionManagerIsolationLevel isoLevel, Int32 timeout, SqlInternalTransaction transaction, TdsParserStateObject stateObj, Boolean isDelegateControlRequest)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionTds.ExecuteTransactionYukon(TransactionRequest transactionRequest, String transactionName, IsolationLevel iso, SqlInternalTransaction internalTransaction, Boolean isDelegateControlRequest)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionTds.ExecuteTransaction(TransactionRequest transactionRequest, String name, IsolationLevel iso, SqlInternalTransaction internalTransaction, Boolean isDelegateControlRequest)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnection.BeginSqlTransaction(IsolationLevel iso, String transactionName)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnection.BeginTransaction(IsolationLevel iso)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.BeginDbTransaction(IsolationLevel isolationLevel)
at System.Data.Common.DbConnection.System.Data.IDbConnection.BeginTransaction()
at NHibernate.Transaction.AdoTransaction.Begin(IsolationLevel isolationLevel)

Post subject: Re: Problem with Begin Transaction call
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 3:18 pm 

sbalak wrote:
I have gone further in this error to find that it was some other problem.

I have a call from my C# code to an unmanaged dll that uses socket connection.

and based on the result, I try to update the SQL server using NHibernate and at that time I get the error as shown below.

Since I am not good at sockets... can some one help me understand what could be the problem.

Atleast with whatever knowledge I have, I tried to close the socket. PLease help me out.

ERROR - Begin transaction failed
System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException (0x80131904): A transport-level error has occurred when sending the request to the server. (provider: TCP Provider, error: 0 - An operation was attempted on something that is not a socket.)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection)
at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning()
at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParserStateObject.WriteSni()
at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParserStateObject.WritePacket(Byte flushMode)
at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.TdsExecuteTransactionManagerRequest(Byte[] buffer, TransactionManagerRequestType request, String transactionName, TransactionManagerIsolationLevel isoLevel, Int32 timeout, SqlInternalTransaction transaction, TdsParserStateObject stateObj, Boolean isDelegateControlRequest)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionTds.ExecuteTransactionYukon(TransactionRequest transactionRequest, String transactionName, IsolationLevel iso, SqlInternalTransaction internalTransaction, Boolean isDelegateControlRequest)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionTds.ExecuteTransaction(TransactionRequest transactionRequest, String name, IsolationLevel iso, SqlInternalTransaction internalTransaction, Boolean isDelegateControlRequest)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnection.BeginSqlTransaction(IsolationLevel iso, String transactionName)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnection.BeginTransaction(IsolationLevel iso)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.BeginDbTransaction(IsolationLevel isolationLevel)
at System.Data.Common.DbConnection.System.Data.IDbConnection.BeginTransaction()
at NHibernate.Transaction.AdoTransaction.Begin(IsolationLevel isolationLevel)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]