-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: NHibernate Upgrade to 3.1 / Cache issues
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 4:40 am 

Hi All,

I work for a support project where the application is developed in .net and NHbernate is being used.

Here are the details -

Web Application - ASP.Net 2.0 - C#

NHibernate 1.1.0 / Log4Net

Windows 2003 server / IIS 6.0

IE 6.0

Problem - We are facing severe cache issues on the server in the past few months and we do not know the exact reason for this. An IISReset would resolve the issue but the problem repeats once in a week. So, a job to reset IIS was scheduled for now to keep the application running.

Symptoms - Whenever there is a deployment or some bulk database operation, and if the IIS was not reset, then the Cache issue turns up and some of the functionalities do not work in the application, like creating / uploading files, dropdownlists enclosed in update panels do not work and the changes made by the user in the UI doesn't saved to the database etc.

Workaround in place - Though not an ideal solution, for now, resetting IIS would bring everything back to normal.

I have gone through the later releases on NH (4 releases in place) and found that there were many fixes/patches including memory leaks.

So, I thought of trying with the latest version available (3.1.0). But, as expected, there were many compatibility / build issues. I could fix most of the build errors. However, there was an LogInterceptor class in place where some of the properties were not available anymore in this new version.

They errors are like,
1/ 'NHibernate.Mapping.Property' does not contain a definition for 'ColumnCollection'
2/ 'NHibernate.Mapping.IKeyValue' does not contain a definition for 'ColumnCollection'

So, it is more or less something to find an alternative for this ColumnCollection, but I did not find any reference to this.

Could any of you help me in resolving these issues?

Also, has any one tried NH 3.1.0 version and are there any known issues or bugs as of now?

Is it okay to go for an upgrade from NH 1.1.0 to 3.1.0?

Much appreciate any suggestions to any of the above problems.

Thanks,
YS

Post subject: Re: NHibernate Upgrade to 3.1 / Cache issues
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:43 am 

Hi,

Has anyone had similar issues?

Appreciate any suggestions in this regard.

Thx,
ys

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]