-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: Composite-Id and recursive relation / Parent-Child relation
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:57 am 

Hi,

i have the following scenario (For better illustration, the example is very simplified)

BAS_COSTCODE refers to BAS_CONTEXT. The key for this table is a composite with COSTCODEID and the CONTEXT_FK. CONTEXT_FK refers to BAS_CONTEXT.
To build up a hierarchical tree, a CostCode can have a parent. For this reason there is a reference to the table itselfe.

The schema file for Context is like that:
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
<hibernate-mapping xmlns="urn:nhibernate-mapping-2.2"
                   schema="dbo"
                   assembly="App.NHibernate.DataObjects"
                   namespace="App.NHibernate.DataObjects">

<class name="App.NHibernate.DataObjects.Context" table="BAS_CONTEXT" lazy="false" mutable="true" >

<id name="Id" type="Int16" column="CONTEXTID" >
      <generator class="assigned"/>
    </id>

<property name="Name" column="NAME" type="String" not-null="true"/>
   </class>

</hibernate-mapping>

And the schema for CostCode is like that:
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
<hibernate-mapping xmlns="urn:nhibernate-mapping-2.2" schema="dbo" assembly="App.NHibernate.DataObjects" namespace="App.NHibernate.DataObjects">

<class name="App.NHibernate.DataObjects.CostCode" table="CON_COSTCODE" mutable="true" >

<composite-id name="CompositeId" class="CostCodeId" unsaved-value="any">
      <key-property name="Id" column="COSTCODEID" type="String" />
      <key-many-to-one name="Context" column="CONTEXT_FK" class="Context" lazy="proxy"/>
    </composite-id>

<many-to-one name="ParentCostCode" class="CostCode" lazy="proxy" insert="true" update="true" >
      <column name="PARENTCOSTCODE_FK"/>
      <column name="CONTEXT_FK"/>
    </many-to-one>

<property name="Name" column="NAME" type="String"/>
  </class>

</hibernate-mapping>

If i create a new CostCode entity and run Commit() i get the following exception:
System.IndexOutOfRangeException: "Invalid index 13 for this SqlParameterCollection with Count=13."

I think NHibernate has a problem with the reference ParentCostCode, which refers to a parent CostCode object.
NHIbernate assumes to write a value to column PARENTCOSTCODE_FK and to CONTEXT_FK. In the mapping the composite-id points to CONTEXT_FK and the ParentCostCode points to CONTEXT_FK. So they are "sharing" the same column and NHibernate should only write a value to the column PARENTCOSTCODE_FK.

One solution is to add an additional column (maybe PARENTCONTEXT_FK) to table BAS_COSTCODE to represent the Context for the parent object.
But i don't want to have an additional column, because the values of CONTEXT_FK and PARENTCONTEXT_FK must have the same value, if there exist a referenceto a parent object. And that would be redundant.

Are there better solutions for that kind of problem? Or i can't prevent a additional column in BAS_COSTCODE?

Many thanks in advance for your answers!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]