-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Jboss.org is down / DTD Lookup Fails / App Unhappy
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:27 am 

Hello friends -

Hibernate 2 + 3 mixed application running on Tomcat 5. Application has been generally stable for several years. This morning, anyone who needed to rebuild their session factory started bombing out. Log files indicate a dom4j.DocumentException

"Error on line 1 of document http://hibernate.sourceforge.net/hibern ... ng-2.0.dtd : The markup declarations contained or pointed to by the document type delcaration contained or pointed to by the document type declaration must be well-formed"

If I goto http://hibernate.sourceforge.net/hibern ... ng-2.0.dtd, I get a Maintenance message from the Jboss guys about how they'll be back up and running a few hours ago.

That being said, I've tried to replace references to hibernate-mapping-#.0.dtd to the local filesystem to no avail. I have replaced references in my application hibernate.cfg.xml to local and verified the path. I also have opened up hibernate2.jar and hibernate3.jar, exploded out hibernate-mapping-#.0.dtd and hibernate-configuration-#.0.dtd, replaced with local references, and pushed back into the jar files without any love.

I'm not clear where else I can monkey with files to have my application think it doesn't need to talk to hibernate.sourceforge.org. Can anyone help? Also, is anyone else having this problem? I'm thinking I would have run into this problem considering how long the application has been running.

Thanks.

brian

Post subject: Re: Jboss.org is down / DTD Lookup Fails / App Unhappy
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:30 am 

Hello friend -

Inappropriately posted to the HHibernate Users on accident. I think (?) this problem is likely something that crosses those lines, but just in case, I'm going to cross post. Sorry.

brian

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]