-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: NHIbernate and Oracle Wallet
PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:44 am 

I'm using NHibernate (dll version v2.0.50727) and when I install the application in client servers, for my surprise I have to use Oracle Wallet (http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/B28359_01/network.111/b28530/asowalet.htm) instead user and password in connection string.

The web.config now look like this:

Code:
<hibernate-configuration xmlns="urn:nhibernate-configuration-2.2">
   <session-factory name="bancoPrincipal">
      <property name="connection.provider">NHibernate.Connection.DriverConnectionProvider</property>
      <property name="dialect">NHibernate.Dialect.Oracle10gDialect</property>
      <property name="connection.driver_class">NHibernate.Driver.OracleClientDriver</property>
      <property name="connection.connection_string">Data Source=bd_tfd;User Id=/;</property>
      <property name="proxyfactory.factory_class">NHibernate.ByteCode.Castle.ProxyFactoryFactory, NHibernate.ByteCode.Castle</property>

Other application don't use Nhibernate and the connection string is the same I put in web.config with no password and User Id equals /. My application logs oracle error ORA-01005 - null password given; logon denied.

I already without NHibernate and worls fine. NHibernate configuration must change to use Oracle Wallet ?

Post subject: Re: NHIbernate and Oracle Wallet
PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:26 am 

After some test I found the anwser. Just put Integrated Security=true; in connection string
Code:
<property name="connection.connection_string">Data Source=bd_tfd;User Id=/;Integrated Security=true;</property>

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]