-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: many-to-one association to composite id creates faulty FK
PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 10:43 pm 

I have a Location class which references a State class with a composite id. The mapping compiles fine, but when I use SchemaExport to create the schema it always gets the foreign key wrong (it compares the Location.state_code to the State.country_id, and the Location.state_country_id to the State.code). I can even go in and fix the FK and then everything works fine...

I would like to find a better way to set up the mapping which will avoid this issue. Here are the condensed mappings:

Also interesting to note is that I couldn't find a way to tell Hibernate how to resolve which properties of State the columns in Location refer to. Basically I can switch the order of the State columns in the Location mapping and the system will change which column it puts the data in; Hibernate is just using the order make a choice. Switching this order does not change the mapping in the foreign key.

<class name="State" table="states">
<composite-id>
<key-many-to-one name="country" class="Country" column="country_id"/>
<key-property name="code"/>
</composite-id>
</class>

<class name="Location" table="locations">
<id name="id" column="id">
<generator class="guid"/>
</id>
<many-to-one name="state" class="State" >
<column name="state_country_id" /> // how does it know which property of State this column refers to?
<column name="state_code"/>
</many-to-one>
</class>

FK ends up trying to compare
locations.state_country_id to state.code,
locations.state_code to state.country_id

Thank you

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]