-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 
 Post subject: Bidirectional many-to-many lazy = false
PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 9:25 am 

Need help with Hibernate? Read this first:
http://www.hibernate.org/ForumMailingli ... AskForHelp

Hibernate version: 3.3.1

Mapping documents:
<hibernate-mapping>

<class name="model.PadmOrgano" table="PADM_ORGANOS">

<id name="idOrgano"
type="long">
<column name="ID_ORGANO"/>
</id>
<set name="pdatRegistrosPads"
table="PREL_REGISTROS_ORGANOS" lazy="false" >
<key column="ID_ORGANO"/>
<many-to-many class="model.PdatRegistro" column="ID_REGISTRO"
lazy="false"/>
</set>
</class>

</hibernate-mapping>
----- ------
<hibernate-mapping>

<class name="model.PdatRegistro" table="PDAT_REGISTROS">

<id name="idRegistro"
type="long">
<column name="ID_REGISTRO"/>
</id>

<set name="padmOrganosPdas" inverse="true" table="PREL_REGISTROS_ORGANOS" lazy="false">
<key column="ID_REGISTRO"/>
<many-to-many class="model.PadmOrgano" column="ID_ORGANO"
lazy="false"/>
</set>
</class>

Code between sessionFactory.openSession() and session.close():

making a "get" operation

Full stack trace of any exception that occurs:

LazyInitializationError

Name and version of the database you are using: Oracle 11

The generated SQL (show_sql=true):

Debug level Hibernate log excerpt:

Problems with Session and transaction handling?

Read this: http://hibernate.org/42.html

I´m developing a web application with spring and hibernate 3.3.1. I have a bidirectional many-to-many association, lazy = false. I make mappings you can see above, but I have LazyInitializationError. I have done a lot of test but ever the same result. I have read in the reference and in the book hibernate in action but I can't reach a solution.

I would appreciate any help, thanks in advance

Rodolfo

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 1:37 pm 
Expert
Expert

You have not set the lazy attribute for your <class> declarations. The default is lazy="true" so it may help to explicitly set <class ... laze="false">.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 4:47 pm 

Thanks a lot but it doesn't work, I have the same error.

Thanks anyway

Rodolfo

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:51 am 

I use Spring 2.0. Anybody think that it could be the problem? it would be necesary to update to 2.5?

Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:59 am 
Expert
Expert

Quote:
making a "get" operation

I think would be useful to see your code that leads to the exception. Also post the FULL stacktrace that you are seeing. If all your classes and all your collections has lazy="false" then you should never get lazy initialization errors. But it is probably not a very good idea to have everything non-lazy since it would more or less load your entire database every time you do something.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:25 pm 

This is the stackTrace

javax.servlet.ServletException: org.springframework.orm.hibernate3.HibernateSystemException: illegal access to loading collection; nested exception is org.hibernate.LazyInitializationException: illegal access to loading collection
at org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.processException(RequestProcessor.java:523)
at org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.processActionPerform(RequestProcessor.java:421)
at org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.process(RequestProcessor.java:224)
at org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.process(ActionServlet.java:1194)
at org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.doGet(ActionServlet.java:414)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:690)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:803)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:290)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)
at org.jboss.web.tomcat.filters.ReplyHeaderFilter.doFilter(ReplyHeaderFilter.java:96)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:230)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:175)
at org.jboss.web.tomcat.security.SecurityAssociationValve.invoke(SecurityAssociationValve.java:179)
at org.jboss.web.tomcat.security.JaccContextValve.invoke(JaccContextValve.java:84)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:127)
at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:102)
at org.jboss.web.tomcat.service.jca.CachedConnectionValve.invoke(CachedConnectionValve.java:157)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:109)
at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:262)
at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:844)
at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.process(Http11Protocol.java:583)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$Worker.run(JIoEndpoint.java:446)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)
Caused by: org.springframework.orm.hibernate3.HibernateSystemException: illegal access to loading collection; nested exception is org.hibernate.LazyInitializationException: illegal access to loading collection
at org.springframework.orm.hibernate3.SessionFactoryUtils.convertHibernateAccessException(SessionFactoryUtils.java:661)
at org.springframework.orm.hibernate3.HibernateAccessor.convertHibernateAccessException(HibernateAccessor.java:412)
at org.springframework.orm.hibernate3.HibernateTemplate.doExecute(HibernateTemplate.java:424)
at org.springframework.orm.hibernate3.HibernateTemplate.executeWithNativeSession(HibernateTemplate.java:374)
at org.springframework.orm.hibernate3.HibernateTemplate.find(HibernateTemplate.java:917)
at com.mdagen.rallie.dao.hibernate.EquipoDAOHibernate.getEquipos(EquipoDAOHibernate.java:99)
at com.mdagen.rallie.service.impl.EquipoManagerImpl.getEquipos(EquipoManagerImpl.java:59)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
at org.springframework.aop.support.AopUtils.invokeJoinpointUsingReflection(AopUtils.java:310)
at org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.invokeJoinpoint(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:182)
at org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:149)
at org.springframework.transaction.interceptor.TransactionInterceptor.invoke(TransactionInterceptor.java:106)
at org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:171)
at org.springframework.aop.framework.JdkDynamicAopProxy.invoke(JdkDynamicAopProxy.java:204)
at $Proxy73.getEquipos(Unknown Source)
at com.mdagen.rallie.action.MarcaInitialLoadAction.execute(MarcaInitialLoadAction.java:40)
at org.springframework.web.struts.DelegatingActionProxy.execute(DelegatingActionProxy.java:110)
at org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.processActionPerform(RequestProcessor.java:419)
... 23 more
Caused by: org.hibernate.LazyInitializationException: illegal access to loading collection
at org.hibernate.collection.AbstractPersistentCollection.initialize(AbstractPersistentCollection.java:363)
at org.hibernate.collection.AbstractPersistentCollection.read(AbstractPersistentCollection.java:108)
at org.hibernate.collection.PersistentSet.hashCode(PersistentSet.java:434)
at org.apache.commons.lang.builder.HashCodeBuilder.append(HashCodeBuilder.java:392)
at org.apache.commons.lang.builder.HashCodeBuilder.reflectionAppend(HashCodeBuilder.java:353)
at org.apache.commons.lang.builder.HashCodeBuilder.reflectionHashCode(HashCodeBuilder.java:327)
at org.apache.commons.lang.builder.HashCodeBuilder.reflectionHashCode(HashCodeBuilder.java:194)
at com.mdagen.commons.model.BaseObject.hashCode(BaseObject.java:22)
at java.util.HashMap.put(HashMap.java:372)
at java.util.HashSet.add(HashSet.java:200)

I have changed to spring 2.5.5 and i´m using hibernate 3.3.1 in Jboss 4.2.2.

the hql is

"from equipo as ta"

the classes aren`t the same but the problem is the same. Because I can't acces to the first application which is in oracle and this is in Mysql. But the problem and the mapping and the style of code is the same.

Thanks in advance,

Rodolfo

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 5:29 pm 
Expert
Expert

Ok, I have checked the source of this error in the Hibernate code, and it seems like the error is about trying to use the collection before it has been properly initialized. I suspect that the source of the problem is the org.apache.commons.lang.builder.HashCodeBuilder which you are using in your BaseObject code. I don't know what is going on in that method or in the HashCodeBuilder, but I suspect that it goes something like this:

1. You are calling a method that triggers an initialization of the collection
2. Hibernate starts with the initialization
3. Hibernate needs the hash code, since it is putting the almost initialized objects in a Set.
4. But the hashCode() method is overridden in BaseObject and the code in it ends up trying to access the collection that is not yet fully initialized.
5. Ouch, Hibernate detects the second attempt to initialize the same collection and throws the exception

I guess the fix is to make sure the hash code calculation doesn't trigger loading of any collections or associations.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 4:02 pm 

Thanks, that is the problem, I have changer BaseObject and it works perfectly.

Thanks a lot

Rodolfo

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ]