-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Implications of cache expiry warning messages
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 9:22 pm 

I get a number of 'An item was expired by the cache while it was locked' warning messages while performing long running processes.

Can someone please tell me what the implication of these messages are?

Do they mean that the integrity of my databse is at risk, or do they only have performance implications?

Will I also see these warnings if an object is removed from the cache due to its small size, as well as exceeding timeToLiveSeconds or timeToIdleSeconds?

Thanks,
Tom

(Too bad you can't edit your own posts on this forum...)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 1:17 am 
Beginner
Beginner

i had this message appear and i resolved this issue by using multiple transactions .. this is not the most desirable solution, however it works.

originally i was deleting and re-inserting the same record in one transaction. this seems to confuse the primary cache. i changed this so that the deletion occurred in one transaction, then the insertion occurred in the 2nd transaction.

the reason this is not desirable is that if the 2nd transaction fails, i don't want the deletion (1st transaction) to be committed, however it already has been committed.

i suppose a better (still not totally desirable) solution in my case would be to *not* delete the record in the first place if it is to be re-inserted. this is undesirable as it makes my code somewhat more complicated.

i hope this gives you some insight to solving your problem.

paul.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]