-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Hibernate 5 what is Naming strategies property should be?
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:01 pm 

I am migrating my app from hibernate 4.3 to 5.1. The biggest challenge is that new hibernate does not seem to recognize the table name which is from a specific schema (jpa and mysql). For example @Entity @Table (name="abc", schema="second_schema")
If the entity manager is created from "first_schema", then the query which contains joins between tables from both "first_schema" and "second_schema" always assume all tables of this query are from "first_schema". Of course it could not find table "abc" from "first_schema" because it only exists in "second_schema".

The same query works fine in hibernate 4.3. So I suspect some default setting has been changed in Hibernate 5, just not sure what.
Could this behavior to recognize the schema attribute in @Table be configured through Naming strategies? If so, what Naming strategies I should use or implement?

Thanks for your advice in advance.

Post subject: Re: Hibernate 5 what is Naming strategies property should be?
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:20 am 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

If you can replicate it with a test case using this template, you should open a new Jira issue for it.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]