-->
These old forums are deprecated now and set to read-only. We are waiting for you on our new forums!
More modern, Discourse-based and with GitHub/Google/Twitter authentication built-in.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: 'Detached entity passed to persist' during merge
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:06 am 

After migrating hibernate from 4.3.11 to 5.1.10 and using the new hibernate-enhance-maven-plugin replacing the deprecated ant bytecode enhancement task, the following happens with an entity with OneToMany association with CascadeType.ALL.

enableLazyInitialization set to false and the test passes
enableLazyInitialization set to true and the test fails with "Detached entity passed to persist"
App worked fine with 4.3.11 version of hibernate and the old bytecode enhancement with ant task.

I can work around this by removing CascadeType.PERSIST but I have to change lot of associations and service methods for persisting a new entity.

Any help would be greatly appreciated regarding if this is a hibernate-enhance-maven-plugin bug or if there is any issue with my test?

Please find the test https://github.com/gubbes/hibernate-orm5-hibernate-enhance-maven-plugin-test

Post subject: Re: 'Detached entity passed to persist' during merge
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:15 am 
Hibernate Team
Hibernate Team

You need to try it with the latest 5.2.12 version and see if it works. This is the current development branch, 5.1 being frozen.

Use the JPA test case templates to replicate the issue, and if it does, then you should open a new Jira issue.

Post subject: Re: 'Detached entity passed to persist' during merge
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:18 am 

Hi Vlad,

Thank you for the quick response and input, and I did try it with 5.2.12 and able to replicate the issue. Created the JIRA ticket https://hibernate.atlassian.net/browse/HHH-12054.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]